Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

----------------

On 6/7/2004 1:37:22 PM j-malotky wrote:

Picky, I remember the posts of your Bar. Love it.

----------------

On 6/7/2004 5:25:35 PM Pako wrote:

picky,

Whoa, definitely looks nicer completely finished. I like the color choices and the lighting, very nice....., but hows it sound? Question, is your HT also used for casual viewing/listening or is it mainly just used for serious movie events?

----------------

On 6/8/2004 12:15:21 AM J.4knee wrote:

Picky "sweet looking" bar when is happy hour

----------------

Guys: First of all, "Happy Hour" begins when you get here!2.gif Thanks for all of the good words!

Pako: Yeah, we kind of went for some very striking colors in the theater to try and increase the "wow factor". Here's a shot that shows the floor better:

theater-floor.jpg

But when you bring all of the colors together, especially with the low-voltage lighting, it seems to work. Although, this is a serious "dedicated" theater room, yes, we do use it for entertaining, which is why the one theater lounger nearest the screen can be turned away from the screen to face the rest of the room for conversation. We do listen to a lot of music down there and there is special stage lighting that is programmed to move to the music. You can see one of our DMX intelligent effects lights just over Mike's shoulder in the picture of my first post.

How does it sound? You can ask Michael Hurd if you want an real objective opinion as he and his girlfriend watched a couple of movies with us during there stay recently. If you want my take on the sound, I love it! I have been chasing good sound ever since I got my first record player and I think I have finally found it! It's been a life-long quest, and a dream come true! The entire ceiling over the theater seat area is suspended and filed with 2-1/2" thick Melamine foam acoustic tiles that absorb 90%. There is no noticable reflection the in the main portion of the room and the sound is well pronounced. I have not yet had time to tweek the room as I am still working on one of the walls. But, in short; does it sound good? Absolutley! There's a RSW-15 right behind the seats below the bar. I have to be careful because 'Finding Nemo' vibrated some of my liquor bottles to the edge of the shelf! One did fall, but it didn't break. A slight mod to the edge of the shelf is in order. 9.gif Thanks again for the good words! 2.gif

post-10177-13819255412_thumb.jpg

LOL! LORD NO! 9.gif It's a towel of my favorite beer to drink when I'm in the Caribbean visiting St. Maarten: It's a Carib Beer Towel (got it on Ebay)2.gif

carib.jpg

The beer is not available in Michigan. 15.gif But we can cross the border into Windsor, Ontario (Canada) and buy it at the Beer store! 3.gif...at $26 bucks a case U.S.! 14.gif Needless to say, I don't do that very often!

post-10177-1381925541328_thumb.jpg

This is my parents HT I designed in 1992. It was at the time very ahead of itself with an 8 ft screen, a nice sony projector, and M&K speakers with a velodyne 15" sub. M&k speakers were also in the ceiling. (Which I never liked too.) The room was finished using CELOTEX to dead the sound after drywall and about 4 inches of insulation that seemed to work well on the outside of the studs and to the outside above ceilings too.

What started out with Laser discs, went to DVD's, and the Yamaha 2070 with the extra effects speakers up front too. What was nice about this setup is the other two 25" TV's on the sides... for the sports fanatic this is a home run.

I really liked the idea of the scrim to hide the speakers. (I plan to do that in my own house too.) The screen is a Stewart screen, and as you can see dropped back about 12 " too. This was "cool." boxing it in some like our local movie theater does. I will miss this room when my mom leaves.. I have a lot of sports games, parties, and movies with friends as memories in there!

post-5910-1381925541339_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The only think that's better than listening to a good Home Theater, is looking at a good Home Theater. Keep the Pics comming.... 4.gif

I really like seeing what some of you are doing with the large format speakers, talk about a serious commitment to your sound. 10.gif

----------------

On 6/7/2004 1:33:14 AM Pako wrote:

I was looking for a thread that you guys have all posted pics and other info of your current HT setup. I wasn't able to find a specific thread, so I decided to start this one. Got pics, got specs? Go ahead and post 'em. I'd love to see your setup.

----------------

Nice setup you got there. I really like that TV. I need to eventually get one of those big TVs myself.

Anyway, if you insist, here is my humble little setup (Description is in my sig-block)

ssk-sys-front.jpg

ssk-sys-rear.jpg

ssk-sys-components.jpg

----------------

On 6/8/2004 10:02:17 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 6/7/2004 1:33:14 AM Pako wrote:

I was looking for a thread that you guys have all posted pics and other info of your current HT setup. I wasn't able to find a specific thread, so I decided to start this one. Got pics, got specs? Go ahead and post 'em. I'd love to see your setup.

----------------

Nice setup you got there. I really like that TV. I need to eventually get one of those big TVs myself.

Anyway, if you insist, here is my humble little setup (Description is in my sig-block)

----------------

Pako:wow that is a nice setup. really like the TV. I am with Skonopa: i really need one of those also. Unlike the both of you i am only running 5.1. well 5 anyway. i have no sub input on the back of the reciever from the dolby digital decoder. so my sub is derived from the main channels. i used to have front surrounds(if you look closely in the first picture you can see the holes where i used to have the heresy II mounted up front on the wall), but because of other reasons i had to sell my kg 5.5 i was using as my rear surrounds. my reciever did not use the front effects in DD anyway. well here my setup is. if you want more detail on what i have look in my system profile when you click on my name. EDIT: see my website in my signature

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

On 6/9/2004 6:57:53 AM Audible Nectar wrote:

-----------------------------

Picky:

Tis not the yellow and blue hue that should concern you, it's the red and white. Hasn't anyone told you that those colors will cause unduly quantities of intermodulation distortion in the room?2.gif

Otherwise, it looks quite nice16.gif

-----------------------------

Audible: You are quite right: The "Blue and Maze" and the "Red and White" cause considerable intermodulation distortion respectively on "Football Fields" and Hockey Rinks!" 2.gif Thanks! Go Blue! Go Wings! Go Stones!

Here's mine. Quick specs:

Front mains: 1954 Factory Custom Klipschorns

Front Center: 1984 Belle 'retrofitted' with all 1954 components

Rear Surrounds: 1953 Type-C Klipschorns

Rear Center: Klipsch Belle 'retrofitted' with all mid-1950's components

Subwoofer: Just purchased yesterday (yipee!!) and awaiting delivery of a SVS 20-39PC+ (to replace KSW200)

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD's: Denon 1600 (DVD-A), Sony DVP-755N (SACD), V,Inc Bravo D1 (DVI Video)

CD: Onkyo Model 702

Furman AR1215 Power Regulator

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: 10ft x 5ft Parkland Plastics. Sliding side panels and bottom 'curtain' to size for 2.35 or 1.85 aspect ratios.

Room size: 20ft x 20ft. Vaulted. Slab foundation.

post-6566-1381925541386_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I first got into Klipsch when I bought my first pair of RS-3's for an existing system I had. Now I have managed to build an entire system around the RS-3's which is a great testament to the Klipsch Reference series. It wasn't until lately that I have discovered the Heritage series and am beginning to understand where it all started, and where the level of quality is raised to. I have yet to hear a Heritage system but I yearn for the day when I can experience it. When I think of the Heritage series, I think of true stereo, analog systems powered by all tube pre and power amps, but to see these puppies in a full blown HT, WOW is an understatement. Anyways...good to see all the systems. 9.gif

9.gif I think you will have diffusion from 1.2k on up to about 8k. Your mids from 620hz to about 900hz will round off nicely, but I think you might have some rumble below 90hz. Is that a KHorn up in the tree? 2.gif

Good eye, Pako. Actually, it's the pole for a clothesline, it got a little tweaked to one side when a big Norway Pine crash landed on it when we cut it down, had to take down 4 trees to make room for the new house, but still have a lot left. Hopefully during the course of construction someone will have a blue wrench we can heat it up with to straighten it back out, it's like 2' cast iron, doesn't bend too easily, but the tree took care of it no problem.

I actually thought this would be the epitome of a live end/dead end room, hard concrete on one side, just air on the other. No secondary reflections here!!

You and me both, picky!!! The trailer is a loaner from a friend, he usually just uses it to go deer hunting with a buddy so it doesn't get a lot of attention, I did wash it up when he dropped it off, had to do a good clean up of the interior, my wife found a couple "girlie" magazines inside one of the bunk bases. 6.gif Now that I have found the missing digital camera, I'm thinking about doing a thread on building a listening room literally from the ground up, but I don't know that I am qualified to tell anyone what is the best way to do it, so more or less just a history of mine rather than an end all instructional thing like artto's room, THAT man has some training, skill and knowledge I could only hope to garner 10% of. Looking at the picture, there is a long concrete base that splits the downstairs, there's going to be a load bearing wall over it, the half on the far side is approx 23' by 32', need to split that for the listening room and wood shop, haven't decided on how much room to allocate to either yet. Want a big shop area, but also want a big listening room. As you can see, I still have a litle time to decide!! 9.gif

• dtel pinned this topic