Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

My system is always in a state of flux, it is hard to keep up with the photos. Here is a fairly recent one of the front stage, it has already changed though. I just got my Denon 2900 yesterday, I was expecting a black one and they sent me a silver one - dammit! I want to exchange it but I also don't want to be without a DVD player since I sold my other one. The silver one looks stunning, but it sticks out like a sore thumb in a rack full of black components.

All the recent network upgrades in the rear and in the Academy have certainly brought things to a higher level though. I tried the Denon 2900 last night and it seems like the audio was even more detailed than the Denon 4800.

"- Got Bass - Whoa!"

Just a smidge... when it is called for. ;)

The rest of the time the L/R subs are so natural you don't really even notice them till I shut them off. But when the music/movies calls for some bass the system isn't lacking in that regard. And that was before I added in the CB.

I need to get the CB setup better in the theater though as it isn't right at the moment. To give you an idea on how powerful that sub alone is it has more output capability then a pair of HSG-18s. And I think the pair of L/R subs are pretty comparible to the CB, they can probably outwoofer it higher up but the CB probably has more output down low around 14hz or so due to different tuning between them.

Have fun with the Denon 2900, it is a very nice player. I have a silver one too but most of the rest of the equipment it is near is also silver so it matches pretty well. You will love the lack of a noticeable layer change on almost all movies with the 2900.

Shawn

Shawn,

Cool looking room, really like the wall of speakers. I bet it can move ya with all that bass and the shakers.

m00n,

All it took was 21 pages of post for you to finally get yours posted.

Looks good too. I really like the 3 RF-7's and all the RC-7's (cool idea)

We had to postpone the addition for prob 2 years so now I have even more time to research and make sure I make oh so right...

I really like this thread and all its ideas.

Steve

----------------

On 4/7/2005 8:37:16 AM sfogg wrote:

One of their husbands also has a dedicated theater room so we always have fun comparing notes.

----------------

With a front array like that, he's got to be green with envy...

----------------

And I think the pair of L/R subs are pretty comparible to the CB, they can probably outwoofer it higher up but the CB probably has more output down low around 14hz or so due to different tuning between them.

----------------

Didn't know you upgraded from a "Contrabass" to the pair of DIY dual subs. Wow, you really felt you needed more subwoofer? CB is considered one of the most powerful subs around...

Actually fzrnvt got it right ...

"Got bass?" 4.gif

Rob

"With a front array like that, he's got to be green with envy...  "

We all had a blast (literally... watched "The Incredibles" which has a very impressive sound track in it) Friday night. He had heard the speaker system before but I had tuned the room a little more since last time he was here and thought it sounded even better. Everyone loved the bass shakers... I didn't tell anyone they were in the chairs so the first time they kicked in during the movie half the people literally jumped out of their seats... that was fun. One of the couples brought their 5 year old who had seen the movie at least 10 times already and he didn't want to leave after the movie was done and was asking when he could come back as he went out the door. All in all a very fun night for everyone and I'm hoping to do that more often.

"Didn't know you upgraded from a "Contrabass" to the pair of DIY dual subs.  Wow, you really felt you needed more subwoofer?  CB is considered one of the most powerful subs around... "

I didn't upgrade from the ContraBass to the DIY subs from lack of bass, the CB is extremely powerful. In my old system I ran the CB as the LFE sub and a pair of ACI Titan's as L/R subs for stereo bass which is perceivable down to around 40hz. The plan was the Titan's were going to stay in the upstairs room so I needed an option to keep stereo bass down in the theater. The DIY subs were *considerably* less expensive then buying another CB. And since they were DIY I was able to size them to fit into the room much easier then I could with two CBs. The CB being bi-polar makes it a little harder to deal with as you can't just stuff it in a corner or put it up against the wall. And since the subs were DIY I decided to make them very potent to keep up with the rest of the front array.

Shawn

HT30.jpg

EQ2.jpg

Room size is 14x23, finished basement

RB-75 mains, an RC-7 center channel, RS-7 side surrounds, RB-75 for rear center surround and a THX Ultra2 subs.

Aragon Stage One and 2007.

Infocus 4805 projector with a 106" 16:9 painted wall screen, JVC 7-disc DVD player, JVC 7600 S-VHS and Pioneer Elite CLD-97 laser disc player.

• dtel pinned this topic