Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Stephen,

Very nice work!!! The front looks really well done. Needless to say I bet those subs can really kick some Bass! I am curious why you didn't use RF-7's for the front. Isn't this also your "B" system? Does Steve & Becky's Home Theater still exist? Inquiring minds would like to know...3.gif

----------------

On 4/11/2005 1:33:28 AM bytor33 wrote:

I got the upgrade bug and went with 35's for the fronts over the 25's
1.gif

----------------

Very nice setup. Although that kokopelli sculpture caught my eye... I have a friend who would absolutely love that piece (she's really into anything kokopelli). Just curious, but where did you get it?

----------------

On 4/11/2005 1:01:45 AM tkdamerica wrote:

Stephen,

Very nice work!!! The front looks really well done. Needless to say I bet those subs can really kick some Bass! I am curious why you didn't use RF-7's for the front. Isn't this also your "B" system? Does Steve & Becky's Home Theater still exist? Inquiring minds would like to know...
3.gif
----------------

We love the Ultra2 subs, down deep and plenty of it. Enough to feel.

For what I was doing, I did feel the need to go to the RF-7, HT only, but does music great as well.

Music is up in the living room with tubes and K-Horns.

I realy need to update the geocities web site, old HT in North Carolina. But still have everything from that system.

Hey Doug, good to see you on here as well. We are fine, I sent you a PM.

We closed on the house Dec 3 last year and the HT has been done since mid March, got to have your priorities straight 9.gif

Heard from Ross?

Since this thread is never going to die, I'm posting my new cabinets here.

Here's the main entertainment center:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here are the insides of some of the cabinets. I've got RB-75s, an RC-35. My sub is a James Loudspeaker EMB-1000. My surrounds are RS-35s. All of the components are on full extension slides. I can store about 120 DVDs each to the left and right of the TV. Notice how the TV is framed in. It looks like a plasma since the trim goes around the bezel. The only thing not shown is the mesh frame/cover over the center speaker.

Also shown are

HDTV - Zenith ZT1080

DirecTivo

Receiver - Denon AVR-3803

DVD Player - old Sony

DVD 300 disc changer - Sony DVP-CX985V

HDTV monitor - 65" Mitsubishi Platinum Plus

XM Radio - SkiFi 2

Its all controlled by my Pronto TSU-3000 remote.

I had to do something with the old TV nitch, so I turned it into a dry bar with a custom mantel:

The inside of the pocket doors now has glass shelves with wine and martini glasses instead of the sculpture. Not the pull out serving shelf. The bottom right cabinet holds a 15 bottle wine fridge.

Thanks for listening. Gotta brag to people who will appreciate it.

David

AUTiger,

Your cabinetry is simply beautiful and your photography does it justice. I have a similar set up as you in my bedroom with the RB-75's siting on dressers flanking a Samsung 46 in. DLP that fits snugly in a cabinet that matches the dressers. My Phase tech sub sits in between the 2 with my Denon 3805 sitting on top of it.

I have nice furniture, nice speakers, but very out in the open and conspicuous. You don't need me telling you that you've done admirable work. I was going to post pictures but I am going to wait for some posts to separate our 2 HT's 9.gif

Hey Brady!

I love that floor. I've always like the rich reds of those woods. What is it and where did you get it? Real wood? Laminate? If so what model name?

I've just closed in my patio and will put carpet in until my kids get a little older but then I'd love to put that floor in!

----------------

On 4/10/2005 6:42:25 PM PYRO wrote:

USparc nice setup, I had the opportunity to visit "The Grand Place" a few months ago and consume some good Belgium beers.

Rob

----------------

Aha, the good belgium beers!! Saw also the atomium? They are renovating it and putting it in a new jacket.

----------------

On 4/10/2005 9:37:55 PM tkdamerica wrote:

You have a nice setup. Very clean looking. I particularly like your slanted wood ceiling with your RF-3's/RC-3-- Extremely attractive and I bet it sounds killer. I run 4 towers in my HT (2 RF-7's& 2 RF-3's) as well.

What do you mean by "full reloaded," RF-3's?

----------------

tkdamerica,

Thks for the comments. It sounds good, although currently in upgrading fase with the new acurus amp.

Hope to replace the pioneer with a good pre/pro. The acurus amp was already a big difference!

Yes, indeed 4 towers. If I could the center was also a RF-3. Don't like bipoles,WDST.

full reloaded is to indicate my modifications. I added internal bracing like a kind of a matrix structure inside the RF-3's and RC-3 and upgraded the complete cross-over with much better components.

Thanks Endeavor, Yep it's the real deal. It was unfinished Red Oak (beveled edges) toungue and groove when we started. I applied two coats of Min-Wax Red Oak stain (2 coats) and Min-Wax Satin Poly (3 coats). The total job consumed 3 days. But as you can see it was well worth it. In fact if you look closely at the baseboard you can still see spots of stain that was rubbed into the flooring. I have not installed my 1/4 round baseboard yet. If I had to do it all over again I would not change a thing. The floor helps with my projector imaging. I had light carpet previously and it magnified the light from the screen (92" diag).

By the way, I'd go ahead and install that wood floor anyway. Look at it like this if your kids drop something on that carpet it's there for LIFE! You can vacuum all day long you'll never get it out. The wonderful thing about wood is that it actually shows you where the dirt is. If you scratch it up, so what! Simply lightly sand it and apply clearcoat, NOT STAIN! You need stain only once. Unless of course you want a different shade. Trust me Endeavor carpet is the easy way out. Please reconsider install the wood. Take care -Brady

I responded on my "Test (img)" thread, but here it is for anybody else who wants to know how to insert the pictures.

I host/upload my pictures to Photobucket.com, where I have established a free account. On my Photobucket page, each photo has URL, Tag, and IMG link that I can cut and past into discussion forum messages. I take the Tag and just paste it into my message. The tag looks like

< img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/WetTiger/EntertainmentCenter1-small.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">

except that there is no blank space between the first "<" and the "img".

I think that you can also create you own link by replacing the www address with the complete address of a photo that is hosted somewhere on the internet. You could probably use the Img tag to reference ANY photo or image that is on the internet and you have an address for.

For multiple images, just insert multiple tags, separated by a return.

David

• dtel pinned this topic