Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Thanks,

I finished my home theater last summer. It was totally unfinished. Looking at it now makes all the work worthwhile.

Great looking room! I love the wood floors and the chairs look really comfortable.

I am guessing you live in Houston. If I bring the beer and popcorn, can I come over? I'd love to hear the KSF's in person.

Cool area rug too!

nice room. any reason everything is off set? is it because of the rear speakers? did you make the center stand or buy it? if you bought it, where did you buy it from?

It looks like their is a side area\alcove on the right side of the room. I assume it is the main walkway on the right into the room, although I still would have centered the screen or the speakers in respect to one another. And now that I look closer, I am also a little perplexed by the rear surrounds. Are these channels 4 and 5 or 6 and 7? They looked biased towards a single seating position.

it looks like the room is centered from the back wall. if you follow the hallway wall all the way to the forward wall, they are even. it just looked a little weird. i was just asking to see his reason. the room looks great. i was going to get the 4 person seating then i realized, it would be my room and i wouldn't have the middle seat, so i ditched the 4 seating and am going with three! if i get more friends, i'll buy been bags and they can sit there! (well if i get more than 2...lol)

This is the stand I bought, but I did not pay as much for them. Do a search I'm sure you can find them somewhere else cheaper.

http://www.htmarket.com/cenchanspeak.html

What are you all talking about being "off-center?". My back surrounds are no longer there. I had them there for awhile and decided they were not putting out enough to justify the cost. Plus I needed some extra money b/c I recently went down on my motorcycle. Are you all saying the screen is off center? If so, it is centered inbetween the soffit and the wall.

What are you all talking about being "off-center?". My back surrounds are no longer there. I had them there for awhile and decided they were not putting out enough to justify the cost. Plus I needed some extra money b/c I recently went down on my motorcycle. Are you all saying the screen is off center? If so, it is centered inbetween the soffit and the wall.

That was my first thought, also, but the one picture does show a hint of the soffit. I'm going to eventually redo my HT room, and I'll build another soffit on the other side to match the soffit that will cover ductwork. I assume that's what your soffit is for?

With the pictures you posted, it does look a bit 'lopsided' if you don't notice the soffit. A picture with a wider view, showing the soffit would have cured all this chatter. [;)]

And I'll second the post about resizing the pics. It does take a long time to load the page with those honkin' big pics.

• dtel pinned this topic