Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Srobak,

I would definatley swap that Harmon Karden reciever with the cneter channel, being so close to the floor it might make it boomy and off.

Also if there's anything infront of the seating position (coffee table), it would most definately be hitting that

• Moderators

AWESOME...just shy of 84,000 posts....keep it up board....excellent....proud to be a Klipsch owner and love seeing everyones systems...*cheers*....[<:o)]

What stats are you referring to?

Home page says 26,538 users have contributed to
297,630 threads and
597,198 posts.

I suppose you would if you'd watch it sideways... but the sofa's have felt-sliders under their feet. Although.... when watching a film alone, I have left them in that position and kicked my feet up with a thick pillow between me and the armrest. Actually very comfy...

ROb

I usually end up laying down on the couch and watch the movie too... so I do end up with a sore neck, as my couch is facing the "right way".

Are those couches identical, Formica? If so - maybe even set them in a V-pattern, opening towards the screen. Looks great, either way.

Here's my setup (please don't mind the dirty house)... I finally got the clear from the lady to go ahead and put together a home theater. When we move next year and get a house, she wants me to build a small theater out of the basement. I cant wait! It's not a large system by any means, but it sounds nice for the $1k I spent on everything (all new too!). Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the rears or surounds currently.

- Yamaha RX-V661

- Front - RB-51

- Center - RCX-4

- Suround and Rear - 4x RSX-3

- Subwoofer - RPW-10

Other stuff shown is my HTPC, Xbox 360, & 40" Samsung LCD... Everything is enclosed, so I'm going to install some 120mm fans in the back of the A/V stand to suck out the hot air.

I run a HTPC as well which will receive a Blu-Ray/HD DVD combo drive next week as well as an 8800GT SSC.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The HTPC

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't wait to get a house... I'm not too thrilled with the space/layout I have to work with currently. Being military, I move and I know I'm not staying much longer where I currently at.

Thanks!

My last computer had a video card go out a couple months ago... I didn't have to build a completely new one, but meh... I did anyway!

What it currently has:

- MSI P6N Diamond w/ built-in X-fi (may get a different sound card in the future as better ones come out for HD DVD/Blu-Ray; it is hooked to the receiver via optical and analogue)
- Core2Duo E6750 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (lapped & AS5)
- Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM (PC6400)
- EVGA nVidia 8800GTS 640MB Superclocked (you were correct sir!)
- Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE
- SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA
- WD SE16 320GB & SE16 500GB x 2
- Enermax Infiniti 720w PSU
- Yate Loon 120mm fan x 5
- Samsung 40" 720P LCD HDTV
- Vista Home Premium

I really can't wait to get the 8800GT in there this week. It should do better for gaming (although I don't do much) and MUCH better for video, especially hi-def.

Wow very nice system! I'm on the verge of building a new rig, but with the holidays coming up I'm not gonna have the $$$ till the beginning of next year. My buddy just bought put together his comp and he has the same case as you, well built and very spacious. Yeah that 8800 GT will be the hot ticket, single slot, and much cooler than the previous 8800 offerings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • dtel pinned this topic