Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

It appears that there is an error on the server here. It's hanging up on the upload.asp function, too many DB connections?

In any case, report it to administration. I don't think it's anything your doing wrong. I sent a message to "webmaster", so we'll see if it gets addressed.

If you like, you could email the pics to me and I could host them until they get the attachment function working again.

Let me know.

~Cheers~

As promised,

Eardoc's system:

eardoc_living_room.jpg

...and from the email:

Here's my set-up. When we moved to this house, my wife wanted to put the TV in the corner where the plants are. Of course that would really screw up the stereo/surround set-up, so I lobbied for the placement in the middle of the wall. I had to pull out "you've gotten everything you want, this is the one thing I'm asking for." It worked.

I had the wiring run for the in-ceiling design while the house was still in the framing stage. We also ran speaker wiring to other parts of the house in case we wanted to add ambiance speakers in the ceiling later.

I selected the speakers, then the finish. Then we took a color chip of the speaker to find an entertainment center that had a similar color. I didn't want to have a bunch of big boxes scattered around the room, so the Klipsch were great for their thin design. My wife wouldn't have gone for the "listening room" look anyway, so we're both pleased with the outcome. And even my wife loves watching movies with the surround cranked! And the Klipsch speakers sound wonderful for both movies and music.

Dave

Eardoc

My system:

Marantz SR7300 Sourround sound amp/receiver

Klipsch RF5 stereo speakers

Klipsch RC7 center

Klipsch KCH6 Ceiling mount surround speakers

Sony DVP-NS500V Multiplayer (DVD/VCD/CD/SACD/DVD-A)

RCA RVP8085 5-disc CD changer

Pioneer PV-9455S Stereo VCR

----------------

On 10/20/2004 8:10:09 AM neomartic wrote:

WOW! That looks really really nice! I especially like the entertainment center and is that a fireplace i see on the other wall? Really nice!

----------------

Wow! I got a "wow!"1.gif Yes, that's a gas log fireplace, my camera simply isn't wide-angle enough to capture the whole room.

As far as the entertainment center goes, one reason why we selected it is that it is expandable. The two tall pieces on either side can be moved farther apart to accommodate a wide-screen TV. But I must wait for prices to drop on that item, I'm still using my "old-fashioned" 4:3 non-hi-def TV set. It's KILLING me that I'm not watching the ball games and my favorite shows on hi-def. 7.gif Someday!

Thanks for the kind words.

Dave

----------------

On 10/20/2004 9:17:05 AM Eardoc wrote:

I'm still using my "old-fashioned" 4:3 non-hi-def TV set. It's KILLING me that I'm not watching the ball games and my favorite shows on hi-def.
7.gif
Someday!

----------------

I'll second that I like you setup, with the matching entertainment center and all. It does look clean, and classy. Makes me wish I went and got the cherry RF-7s instead of the black. At least the black, in my case, adds some needed contrast to the room, though.

About the TV, believe me, I am in the same boat as you. I am still using my "old-fashioned" non-HDTV 32-inch set. Like you said - Someday! Unfortunatly, I'll need to get a new entertainment center when I eventually get the new big-screen TV. I've had that entertainment center for nearly 12 years - one of the first pieces of furniture I bought, after a dining room set and a computer desk, when I moved out of my parents place. There are also two bookcases that went with that, which I am using in other rooms of the house.

Just for reference, I went and reposted what the front of my system looks like, since it is buried way back on the first page of this thread:

ssk-sys-front.jpg

----------------

On 10/20/2004 5:51:19 PM nicholtl wrote:

Gotta love that toy house sitting pretty up there...

----------------

That is actually a light-up stained-glass church my father made for me several Christmases ago. Right now, the bulb in it is burned out, so I need to fix it. I have a lot of stained-glass pieces about the house that my father has made for me over the years, not to mention the hand-made quilts courtesy of my mother.

As to how to embed a picture?

Use the "img src=" HTML tag. Enclosed inside of angle brackets (less-then, greater than signs), type 'img src="URL of the image"'. Replace the single quotes with angle brackets.

You can also use VB code using the tag. Example:

{img}http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/bbtitle.gif {/img}

But replace {} with []. The end result is:

bbtitle.gif

----------------

On 10/20/2004 8:08:44 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 10/20/2004 5:51:19 PM nicholtl wrote:

Gotta love that toy house sitting pretty up there...

----------------

That is actually a light-up stained-glass church my father made for me several Christmases ago. Right now, the bulb in it is burned out, so I need to fix it. I have a lot of stained-glass pieces about the house that my father has made for me over the years, not to mention the hand-made quilts courtesy of my mother.

As to how to embed a picture?

Use the "img src=" HTML tag. Enclosed inside of angle brackets (less-then, greater than signs), type 'img src="
URL of the image
"'. Replace the single quotes with angle brackets.

----------------

As Promised for user Tom Adams:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hey Pako.
Got your message and I appreciate you doing this for me.

This first shot is from the back of the room looking forward.
We're in the

process of covering the window with blackout material since that area is

where the projector screen will be.
Eventually we'll have decorator drapes

to frame out the screen and cover the wall.
Doing temporary video duty is

a Mitsu 46" widescreen.
The speakers are vertical horn Cornwalls with a

(fini supplied) Heresy II and a KSW-15 hiding behind the left speaker.
In

the cabinet below the Mitsu is a Denon 3300, a Sony multi-disc DVD player,

and some no-name VCR.

tom_adams_front.jpg

This shot of the left side of the room shows the left Heresy surround and

it's stand.
The more I'm in the room, the more I'm re-thinking the use of

a stand.
Will probably mount the Heresy side surrounds to the wall on

their sides at a slight down angle in the future.
The skim board you see

(close to the Cornwall) has been made into a table.
A cool idea I had if I

must say so my self.

tom_adams_left.jpg

This shot looking back from the front of the room shows our simple seating

arrangement.
I'll be building a riser for the brown couch over the

Christmas holidays.
That pink fuzzy looking chair thing is something my

daughter just had to have for her own seat in the HT.
We've got ideas for

some wall coverings and we've got posters & stuff that just need to put up.

There will be Heresy's for rear surrounds on the stands in the back

corners.
I'm in the process of refinishing them.
The door on the right is

the way out, the door on the left goes to the attic, and the white thing

above the door is the Mitsu Mr. Slim A/C unit.
That blue tub you see is

rare 2001 model Rubbermaid purchased exclusively from WalMart to not only

hold all my remotes, but my drinks as well.

tom_adams_rear.jpg

Lastly is a shot of my built-in rack.
As you can see, I've got all the

cabling ready to accept a new Sherbourne 7x200 amp and Anthem pre/pro (are

ya listening Santa??) and the rest of my gear.
I've also installed an LED

LittlLite to provide some illumination.
The outlet in the rack is a

dedicated 30amp line.

tom_adams_rack.jpg

Tim & Ken: Nice setups!! It's nice to see theaters placed in upstairs rooms for a change, instead of in the basement or the main floor. How does the sloped roof effect your sound if at all? You certainly don't have to worry about flooding like I do.

BTW: I'm happy to tell you that I was finally able to post my new pictures of my recently completed theater room to my "I AM DONE ! ! ! !" thread in this same Home Theater section if you are interested in seeing them. Here's a sample:

10112004009.jpg

Thanks guys for the nice words. As many of you who have done one of these projects know, it can be fun and frustrating all at the same time. Like many of you, we don't have a money tree so the project has to progress as the money allows. Which can be maddening for an impatient turd like me! 1.gif

I'll be so glad when the room is finally done. We've got some great ideas esthetically for the room like building a small riser/stage in front of the screen just to break up the flatness and create some interest. I found some old tennis racquets (I play tennis 3 times a week) at Goodwill and will put them on the wall. Anyhow, I look forward to the day when I can post my "Picky message" and proclaim that I'm finally done. 1.gif

BTW Kenstr - very nice room. It's spooky how similiar our rooms are. Is there a window behind your screen? If so, what did you do to hide it or block off the light?

Tom

I need to get new photos taken, I have recently added Khorn's to the rear, changed the '62 Vertical Cornwalls to Forte's and swapped the KV-4 for an Academy, it just keeps getting better and better! I am going to watch Van Helsing tonight to check the new changes out and see if I like them.

>>BTW Kenstr - very nice room. It's spooky how similiar >>our rooms are. Is there a window behind your screen? >>If so, what did you do to hide it or block off the >>light?

>>Tom

Hey Tom - it is weird how similar our rooms are - I also built my AV rack into the wall.

7429967HT_-_Equip-med.JPG

I have an almost identical window behind the screen. The window has a cheap mini-blind on it and the screen is a da-lite C - pulldown. The screen is black on the back and I have black velveitine velcro'd to the bottom of the screen to cover the rest of the window. This darkens the room almost totally in the middle of the day.

The screen is down most of the time but when the kids play up there the screen goes up to let the light in.

• dtel pinned this topic