Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Just replaced my F-3 synergy's with RF-62's. Center is RC-62. Sides are RS-52s. Rears are RS-41 ii's. Running these with an Onkyo Integra 6.9 receiver. I use the Audyssey auto setup on the receiver. Does anyone have an opinion or preference about using Audyssey over manualling setting the speakers?

I like to sit in the sweet spot and adjust speaker distances manually so they are all equal. The mic could register your surround right as being 7 feet away and your surround left as being 11 feet away when in actuallity they are both 8 feet away from where you are sitting. This will cause the surround left to play at a louder volume which could decrease the enjoyability of the movie for someone sitting closer to the surround left speaker. In such a case I would set the speaker distances to an equal distance of 9 feet, splitting the difference, but not the "actual" distance.

Nest you have to worry about differences in ohm load. Since you are using all Klipsch speakers, they will all be 8 ohms, so this is negligable for you unless you were to wire additional speakers in parallel. Your rear surrounds (I believe) were not designed to match the RF-62 HT system, so there could be some timbre discrepancies that become audible. You might want to adjust the level up or down.

If you are having trouble hearing dialogue, the center channel level may need to be increased. Also, depending on how much surround and rear effects you want (I like alot), you could adjust the levels of the side and rear channels up or down based on what sounds best. Some folks prefer the vast majority of sound to come from the front sound stage and only want the surrounds to augment the effect. I like to feel like the rocket just zipped past my ear, so I adjust the level up slightly.

I use Audyssey to get things balanced, then match my speaker distances for L/R pairs. Next I adjust levels for what sounds best to me. Lastly, I move around the room a little bit to make sure I'm not missing anything major.

Do you have a sub? If so, make sure your speakers are set to small and your LFE cross-over is set between 60 and 100. Not everyone wants their fronts set to "small" but that usually helps to bring out the detail in the movie sound track.

This is my first post, but I've spent the last month or so reading the boards. After going through the last 75 pages of this thread, let me just say........I love you guys! Seriously though these set ups are awesome. Very inspiring. I am running a Synergy bookshelf system right now but will be upgrading in the next week or so. I will post a pic as soon as I get it set up. I'm really excited to get it done. Thanks again for all the great ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • dtel pinned this topic