Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Here's mine, as seen from behind the couch. This is not HDTV, and there's no center speaker yet. The lower left image is the sub behind the couch and the left surround speaker (it's only a 5.1 setup). The lower right image is the access I have to my gear from another room, with the UHF-controlled Bell Expressvu PVR beneath it.

I sometimes use the TV speakers as center, and sometimes go phantom. The plan is to add either a pair of Heresy's in a shelf over the TV, or a horizontally-mounted vertical Cornwall, or a sideways La Scala.

This room is too small for Klipshorns instead of the La scala's, right? It's 11 feet wide and 30 feet deep.

psg_ht.jpg

post-15702-13819255580804_thumb.jpg

psg,

I love the access you have to the back of your components! I am currently thinking about building another wall so I can have a walk way behind ALL my components, as well as being able to frame in shelving, and cavities for the TV and the speakers. It would clean up my install immensely instead of just having everything just plopped down on the floor.

Do you ever have problems with CD's/DVD's falling off of the wall? :-)

Do you have rattle and buzz from the acoustic tiling? I have a suspended ceiling as well and the buzz is almost unbearable at times.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I love the access you have to the back of your components! I am currently thinking about building another wall so I can have a walk way behind ALL my components, as well as being able to frame in shelving, and cavities for the TV and the speakers. It would clean up my install immensely instead of just having everything just plopped down on the floor.

Thanks! It makes all the difference in the world. My basement is split down the middle, with half of it finished and the other half unfinished. The hole was already there in the load-bearing wall before I finished one half so I used it like that. Access is from the unfinished side so there's really no waisted space. Everything is at eye level and easy to get to. It's great!

Do you ever have problems with CD's/DVD's falling off of the wall? :-)

No. Also the black CD/VHS/DVD racks on the front wall are slanted so they don't fall out.

Do you have rattle and buzz from the acoustic tiling? I have a suspended ceiling as well and the buzz is almost unbearable at times.

I had a few vibration sounds when I first had my sub, but a few nudges later everything was fine. No buss. I also put in 3 inches of acoustic fiber within the framing of the ceiling, so that helps to keep the sound downstairs.

On 11/12/2004 4:15:14 AM doudou wrote:

psg, if a halfof your basment is not finished, you can finish it and make one only room for your gear, so your room will be large enough for klipschorns, the lascalas will become center and surrounds.there is just one lascala and some work to do missing
2.gif

1- There's a load-bearing wall down the middle, as well as a staircase.

2- It would mean a massive amount of work.

3- Where would I store all my stuff? 2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic of the dedicated HT room I built in my basement.

The screen is 6' x 8'.

You can't see any evidence of it in these pictures, but the sound system is Klipsch Synergy: F3 mains are just great! It's powered by the Yamaha 5790 that Best Buy packages with the Synergy-3 package.

The Klipsch system changes the whole viewing experience...much better than the crappy Sony Dream System that I had in there previously...

I need to take updated pics and re-post. I'll do that soon so that you can see the difference Klipsch makes! :)

000_0040.jpg-thumb_273_205.jpg

000_0649.JPG-thumb_273_205.jpg

000_0634.JPG-thumb_273_205.jpg

000_0641.JPG-thumb_273_205.jpg

post-16623-13819255582334_thumb.jpg

This is a picture of my dedicated home theater. I have all Klipsch reference speakers, RF-7's, RC-7 and RS-7's. It is a 7.1 set-up with ATI amps @ 250 watts per channel. I love my Klipsch set-up. I can watch a live concert DVD and listen to it at live concert levels! How cool is that? You will also notice I have 4x 15" subwoofer drivers in the front of my stage running with a QSC pro-audio amp @ 400 watts per channel. My theater is 14'x21' and needless to say I have plenty of bass. Thanks for looking.

post-15717-13819255590718_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic