Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Boxx, thanks. This is version 5.0....I keep coming up with modifications. Sadly all my in wall wiring was for not since I decided to consolidate all the gear in the back of the room. So, I have a huge cable bundle running along the side of the room for all the front speakers and subs. This will keep me happy for about six months and I'm sure I'll change things again.

It's a never ending process around here.

Love it!!

I think those Cinema surrounds are great! What made you pick what model for side and rear? My single rear Heresy is a bit bulky and in the way, so i could use a pair of those to move up to 7.1.

Sweet room! Fasinating how a 120" screen looks small in pictures until you see one in person.

Love it!!

I think those Cinema surrounds are great! What made you pick what model for side and rear? My single rear Heresy is a bit bulky and in the way, so i could use a pair of those to move up to 7.1.

Sweet room! Fasinating how a 120" screen looks small in pictures until you see one in person.

The cinema line speakers are fantastic. In previous iterations of my HT, I have used Hereseys, Chorus, and yes....Cornwalls. The Corwalls as side and rear effects were huge and took up a lot of room real estate. I decided to just bite the bullet and get the real deal. I picked the sides based on the V-bat horns which disperse sound very well for sides and don't localize the sound. The rears would have been firing into the walls if I had used the V-bat speakers...room is just not wide enough to justify those speakers, so I went with the direct firing cinemas for the rear.

I'll post a shot of the interior of each. BTW, that is a 12" woofer! Those are large effects speakers.

post-10337-13819685577354_thumb.jpg

They are large, but still a smaller footprint into the room than a Heresy. How deep is the bottom edge of the KPT-1201?

Where would I find them and what do they retail for?

The bottoms are 7" deep. I got them from American Cinema. Roy put me in contact with them. I forget what they cost, but it wasn't cheap. BTW, look at the Garage sale section. Rigma has a whole bunch of cinema speakers for sale. Just went up. Not these, but previous KPT models and they might work for you. Prices are excellent.

They are large, but still a smaller footprint into the room than a Heresy. How deep is the bottom edge of the KPT-1201?

Where would I find them and what do they retail for?

The bottoms are 7" deep. I got them from American Cinema. Roy put me in contact with them. I forget what they cost, but it wasn't cheap. BTW, look at the Garage sale section. Rigma has a whole bunch of cinema speakers for sale. Just went up. Not these, but previous KPT models and they might work for you. Prices are excellent.

I just got a quote from a local cinema vendor they were around 650 each for what Rigma has you could buy 3 for that price.

Nice Job Rudy.............I join you with a dedicated room for a sole purpose for which mine is just about finished and in revision #2 .. I appreciate your attention to details..........sorry about the cable running around in view, but I think you will change that out in YOUR next revision [:D]

I also could not help but notice the front center seat looks like it has had many more solo uses then any other in the 'house' [;)] Ok, soon photos of the 'Longfellow Theater' as we call it 'round here will appear. Its a real minimalistic approach to equipment / components ...

Thanks for yours...

.........Gary

Rudy, I agree with you! I have only 3 seats (smallish chairs for now) setup like your front row. I WILL give up the center seat if I have guests though, as I would like them to get the full 'effect'.. [H] I can hear and see that anytime...

Have fun..

..........g

Most awesome Rudy! I don't think I've seen pics of the room before.

Some of my old posts going back to 2003 have old version pictures. Here's how this room started....

Since then, the Khorn and La Scala are gone. The side and rear effects have been Heresy and Cornwalls. All that is gone as well as the original Parasound HALO pre/pro and amps.

post-10337-13819685639058_thumb.jpg

I have the KSP-400 mains, KSP-300 surrounds, C6 center, 2-S6 for back 7.1 channel, KSW-300 sub. So we are running 5 subs here. A Denon AVR-5308 drives it all very nicely, very clean. A Samsung 58" 3-D TV, Apple TV Gen II, PS3 latest Gen, Samsung Blu-Ray/DVD player, FIOS Cable, Direct TV with NFL Package and Universal Remote which I program myself. Monster cable for all of it. TV mounted on the wall and all wires are hidden behind the walls. Very clean installation. I've wired everything myself.

Apple iPad which i stream music from my Rhapsody account.

The system is so loud, so clean it is amazing. The KSP-400's are amazing. Having the KSP-300's as Surrounds adds such a punch especially playing concert videos. The drums are incredible. I have the KSW-300 which is a 300 powered 15" sub behind the couch for added punch... I am not bi-amping or bi-wiring anything its just straight hookup.

Added the S6 speakers as back channels gives it a dimension that is so amazing. Those back speakers allow the Denon to play 6 channel matrix modes and boy what a difference. i can't imagine watching a scary movie. i don't think i would sleep for a month...

Well that is the system... i'll post some pics soon...

I'm saving up for a new AVR and 3 Gallery 28s for the main living area "theatre" setup but I was recently Given a pair of RBH MC-6CTs and a Denon AVR-2805. A significant up grade for my room upstairs (old Kenwood and Infinity HTIB over 15 years old).

I'm waiting to receive an RBH MC-414C I won on ebay for $51 and another Rotel RB 970BX but in the meantime I had to hook these guys up and see what the Denon AVR-2805 could do with them. Well they sound incredible. The only other personal, in-home experience I have with nice spearkers is a set of Klipsch RB-61s and SW-450 sub. These have much better imaging, can't wait to listen to some 5.1 with the new center and add the Rotel amps.
Posted Image

I hope y'all don't mind seeing makeshift, non-Klipsch setup. I was trying to find some local used Klipsch's stuff to upgrade this setup by the RBHs just fell into my lap.

• dtel pinned this topic