Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Well its been a while since I let anyone take a peak at what I've been up too. So I thought it might be a good time to share.

Lots has been happening. Got a new pj for the holidays JVC RS45. Sometime around Thanksgiving I picked up a second RSW-10d sub (huge improvement over one). And there is a XPA-5 in the rack now. But if my wife asks I've had that old thing forever..Indifferent

So here is my baby! CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VERSION

th_DSC_0003.jpg

th_DSC_0012.jpg

th_DSC_0014.jpg

th_DSC_0016.jpg

th_DSC_0018.jpg

th_DSC_0020.jpg

th_DSC_0029.jpg

th_DSC_0057.jpg

Hi Albert...nice home theater system. I didn't know you are in this forum. Thanks for helping me with wiring, installing the surround speakers and the projector in my home theater. I think one of these days I need your help installing the acoustic panel on the ceiling. I need to check out your home theater too...it looks awesome!

HA HA [:D] Yes, there you ALL are with your 'roof top' theaters.... Now it starts to get confusing on whos is whos [:D] [Y] As some of you may remember, I put a couple of photos from homes we were looking to buy. Two of them had these SAME rooms for theater possibilites.

My only thought was lugging up all that equip. to the upper floor ! How did you all do this ?? Love to know [;)]

Oh, and the blacked out curtains up front with matching ceiling is a wonderful thing [H]

.......Gary

Thanks Gary, My wife made the curtains. My whole family is DIY's to the core. I hate to buy anything I can build or make.

IMHO the black ceiling is the only way to fly. As far as all the gear upstairs. The secret was disassembling anything large. Things like riser and stage where built in place and will have to be completely destroyed if anyone ever wants to move them.

Hi guys, here are some pictures of my ht:

Klipsch KL-650s & KW-120s with grills on

Hey Andy the theater looks fantastic!! I'm still envious of your THX Ultra 2 system. The sound was amazing. Picture was phenomenal and the gear choices are perfect. In case you didn't notice there is an XPA-5 in my rack now. What can I say you inspired me so I bit the bullet and got one [:D] However I am still terribly jealous of that Oppo. haha

Hi Albert...nice home theater system. I didn't know you are in this forum.

Yeah I float between here, AVS, and Audioholics. I think the Klipsch Forum is the best though. Everyone here is nice and helpful. The other two have a fair amount of equipment snobs and trolls. lol. I admit and embrace my inner audio video geek. [8-|]

Thanks for helping me with wiring, installing the surround speakers and the projector in my home theater. I think one of these days I need your help installing the acoustic panel on the ceiling.

WOW... this is so cool for me on so many levels. I'm seeing someone post a picture of a house that I built, in a home theater that I was able to help with and I know the person posting! This is so cool. I've talked to a ton of people online and this is the first time Ive actually met them in real life. Awesome.

Andy I'm glad to have helped you and just let me know anytime you need some assistance.

I need to check out your home theater too...it looks awesome!

Absolutely! You know where I work, haha. Flag me down sometime and we'll schedule a movie night at my house.

Hey there Albert, your welcome... I hear you on the DYI ... My little theater is small and cozy, built on a budget, but can have the look of a high $$$ operation [;)] (pay no mind to the minimal gear behind the curtain) Some have seen it before, and I am eager to share the photos of the after flood rebuild with you all soon as I get them organized for you...

I wish I could come see your theaters, but I fear you are some distance from us here New England [;)]

I have already offered my place to friends on these forums if they wanted to come for a music appreciation day. They would have their own guest bed and bath.. Someday, my offer will be taken up on [:)]

Ok, I will check back sometime later...

Boxx, if you are looking here, could you help me get back into RTM ? I can only view emails of the posts, but the site is dead there...........AGAIN..........(sigh)

....Gary

Gents, according to HT Magazine the optimal ratio for the dimensions of your theater, big or small, is 2.33:1.56:1. Hope that is interesting. N

So for 7 foot ceilings you want a room 16.25x11, 8 foot ceilings 18.5x12.5 and 9 foot ceilings 21x14?

al, quoting Home Theater Magazine, Jan 2012, article entitled Panama Escape, under DIY: Reader Home Theater by Octavio Vollarino. The look of the room intrigued me and thus more intence interest and study..."I consulted with Chris Huston of Rives Audio in Coralville, Iowa...impressed with his simple solution...My first priority was to ensure the room was treated for optimum performance. Following Huston's desgn...It measures 23 by 15.5 by 10 feet, which follows the recommened rectangular proportions of 2.33 X 1.56 X 1 This ratio provides good distribution of room resonances. These dimensions also give the sense of a very cozy environment." The centerpiece of his room is the projector and he's got good electornics. I'm not familiar with the speaker set-up but they look good. That's the skinny. Thanks for your interest. Its important to me because I'm under construcion right now...very slowly. Nic

• dtel pinned this topic