Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

And now..............................(timpany roll...........................) is what she looks like TODAY! New sconce lighting, and NEW procenium lighting which were a special order, these lights are used in the 'exhibits' lighting used at conventions. I needed something to light up the black velvet front curtains ONLY and not the ceiling and walls, it had to be very focused as you can see.

I can't say enough, but it is SO good to have this very special room back in operation once again, after one month short of a full year of much quietness [;)]

post-23544-13819687354856_thumb.jpg

Here is a nice shot with the 'service' lighting turned up........The new floor can be seen along with a nice fresh Turkish rug added.

There are FOUR channels of REMOTE lighting. I also wanted to mention that the windows have been double sealed with a special material which totally hides any sunlight, the windows look black from the outside. Sound insulation was also installed to keep out any external noises as well. When all lights are off, this room is absolutely dark! A perfect 'getaway' mid day or evening [Y]

Hope you enjoyed the photo essay which was very much slimmed down for showing here..............there were many more which displayed the new lower floor to wall moldings, all wiring, both AC and audio etc...

The next photos will show the added feature of this theater, and something that makes it a bit different from other dedicated theater rooms............Promise [;)]

But that will wait until tomorrow..................time to get some shut eye for now.

...........Gary

post-23544-13819687355926_thumb.jpg

Here is a nice shot with the 'service' lighting turned up........The new floor can be seen along with a nice fresh Turkish rug added.

There are FOUR channels of REMOTE lighting. I also wanted to mention that the windows have been double sealed with a special material which totally hides any sunlight, the windows look black from the outside. Sound insulation was also installed to keep out any external noises as well. When all lights are off, this room is absolutely dark! A perfect 'getaway' mid day or evening Yes

Hope you enjoyed the photo essay which was very much slimmed down for showing here..............there were many more which displayed the new lower floor to wall moldings, all wiring, both AC and audio etc...

The next photos will show the added feature of this theater, and something that makes it a bit different from other dedicated theater rooms............Promise Wink

But that will wait until tomorrow..................time to get some shut eye for now.

...........Gary

Wowzers, amazing! You've done a great job here that should be commended.

Gary,

The new theater looks great! I know it was a long time coming, and a lot of hard work. You must be very pleased at the way it turned out!! [Y]

I'm anxious to see more, including photos and a listing of the gear!! [;)]

Thanks so much Trev for your reply, we've never met, but I appreciate you stopping by to take a look. [:)]

Thank you Rick! Yes, a long time coming and TONIGHT, I shall post my first watch / listen to the group... I knew you were taking it all in [;)] Your equipment photo requests are on the way a little later today, and I promised that so you can count on them being here.

There are other photos that WILL be added to those, but, I have to run down to the hardware store and get some 'fasteners' for my final detail first. Photo session and I lighting issue needs to be addressed, ie, something for the 'rear' rack (you know...[;)]..) Also, some audio adjustments for matching up the Velodyne, the volume knob was moved during storage, so I have to get that 'normalized' once again, also its in the BACK of the theater now, so I don't even know what it sounds like yet, that will take a bit of time...!

I will put the word out again on RTM when the next uploads occur....... I know that Boxx would be most interested in all this too...

All for now...

.............g

Lookin' Great Gary! I know this has been a long time coming and it has to be a relief to get the Longfellow Theater back up and Running!

Great Job and I hope you and Chris have many hours of enjoyment in your Fantastic Theater! [<:o)]

Thanks for taking the time to document the whole extravaganza! [Y]

Dennie drinkingcheers.gif

Gary, I really like the use of curtains and its going to be a bit of a difficult accessory for my Wife to appreciate. My Brother is an expert with a sewing machine so I think it may happen as I will be able to have Jo-Ann's consent at some point. I'm not sure you know that you're walking into a project when you come to visit. I had no idea you had these kind of skills and what I would ask of you is design ideas. Nicky

Gary, glad to see you up and running. You have to enjoy those time capsals that those kids left on the foundation. When ever I build up walls in a house, I like to leave something like a pop can or at least a date for a little fun. Thanks for the photos and keep'em coming.

Nick

Lookin' Great Gary! I know this has been a long time coming and it has to be a relief to get the Longfellow Theater back up and Running!

Great Job and I hope you and Chris have many hours of enjoyment in your Fantastic Theater! Party!!!

Thanks for taking the time to document the whole extravaganza! Yes

Dennie drinkingcheers.gif

Nothing but outstanding Gary... The photo's are great. What a recovery from the issues you had with your gear and the room.

• dtel pinned this topic