Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I bet the credit card companies love this thread, but not as much as I do. You guys are awesome and yield some amazing Home Theater setups. I'm new to the world of big sound, but plan to dive right in, at least as much as possible given my limited income. I recently purchased 4 RSX-4's and RCX-4 that will giving me my sound for my small living room, as well as the Yamaha YST-sw315 10" sub. I know this may be very small to some of you, but I will be adding RVX-54's and converting to 7.1 when space and money allow. I'll post when i get what i have set up. Thanks again guys.

Don

Here is a picture of the front of my HT. Finished the basement over the summer. Question, see a lot of people like me have the center under the DLP/LCD/TV, etc. I would like to get it closer in height with the mains. Looking for ideas. The center is angled up to hit the view in the face, but was thinking of moving it. Thought of stands but that would push them too far out in the room and ahead of the RF7s. Was thinking perhaps a shelf above the samsung and angle it down. Just looking for ideas. Thx.

Sm%20Theater.JPG

post-16829-13819255637568_thumb.jpg

Jackson, very nice basement remodeling job you did there. Boucoup dineros, but beautifully done. Nice pool table, too!

Not sure you have too many options for the center channel. Your current approach is one that is adopted by many. Of course, building a shelf is an option.

The route I went was to use a large center channel (Belle) and put the Panny plasma above it in a cabinet. See "gear onlone" line in the signature below.

BTW, what are dimensions of your room? Some selective room treatment might help some of the early reflections.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 SET Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

Hi Chris

Thanks, the room is approx 13ft wide 18ft long and 7 1/2ft height, under the soffits is a little over 6ft. Walls are insulated btw the studs and I had the contractor put acoutic (corning)insulation above the ceiling btw the joists. I bought 1 3/4in thick stiff fiber glass insulation board that I cut up into 4 equal sections (4 by 2ft). The plan is to buy some heavy fabric in a pattern the wife approves of and make like form fitting pillow cases for each and hang them on sides of the walls on either side of the LSS and RSS. (Any other ideas would be welcome) I just have not gotten there yet, just still getting used to the room. Not really a DIYer, more of a half *sser, but i am going to give it a shot before I buy something, to much $$ otherwise.

Funny don't notice the low position of the center except during DVD audio CDs and really only on the DD, not the DTS mixes. But you really can tell when you switch from DD to just stereo. Will put up the some treatment before I attempt to move the center above.

Very very nice system, must sound great. I love the room, exceptional woodwork, cabinets and panelling. Very warm did you DIY? Wish I had the skill. Used HDepot to put in HW floors in the living & dinning room. would love to replace the white generic moldings with nice stained wood and add some panelling.

The following picture was what the front of my system used to look like:

ssk-sys-front.jpg

And, after a few "minor" upgrades, this is what it looks like now: 9.gif

ssk-new-setup.jpg

The rack, I got from Ikea, and paid only about $350 or so for that thing as pictured. Solidly built and completely modular. The left side cabinet is where all my DVD's and CD's are stored. Now, I only wish I could figure out a way to deal with all the wires.

Watching the football games this weekend was friggan awesome on here! After that, to try a DVD, I went and put on Blue Man Group concert DVD, as I've never had a chance to really watch it! Wow! For all intent and purposes, I might as well actually be at the friggan concert! Un-friggan-believable!

The next upgrade is going to be getting an HDTV capable DirecTiVo unit. Kinda annoying to watch all that awesome HDTV, but don't have the TiVo capabilities that I've gotten so spoiled on with my DirecTV service over the past 5 years or so. I am hearing that they can be had for around $500 now (as opposed to the $1,000 that they were going for. At least that what the dude at the Rat Shack told me when I went over there to get some new cabling).

yeah ihad a big change like the person a couple of posts before. i was one of the first posters in this topic and hear is what my system used to look like.

IMG_0588.JPG

and this is what it looks like now.

IMG_1126.JPG

huge difference i finally got my big screen tv. and what a huge difference it makes. i like having the audio rack now to show off the equipment now too. oh and it is a new house also. much better acoutics

Jacksonbart:

Replying on this late, nonetheless, a BEAUT of a setup - if I had the room to do something dedicated specifically to HT, I would envision and implement a setup along these lines; super clean, functional, inviting, comfortable. Great job!!!

Popbumper

jacksonbart :

I'm surprised you found a tv stand with a shelf that the rc-7 will fit in. It won't fit in most.

As far as getting the center above the tv, you may want to try a wall mount tv-stand. I originally got the idea from other forum members doing the same. Pretty cheap at Home Depot, easy to mount, and has wire management.

Shade: The stand I have was a Best Buy special, it has room for another glass shelf which I just removed for the center. Its still tight especially since its tilted. TV stands are a good idea and it should allow the center to be positioned more out in front. I have the tv and speakers about 1 1/2 feet off the back wall since the RF7 are ported

Joe S: Have you noticed an improvement in sound with the center up top?

thks

Guest Anonymous

omni-mount makes a shelf for you center channel that actually goes right no top of the tv its like 75 bucks though i know that circuit city sells them....

Actually, No I haven't noticed a difference in sound really since moving the center from below to above the TV. I used to have it About a foot or so off the ground with my old 27" TV stand. My listening area isn't very far from the TV, so I really can't say I have noticed much. I was able to get a coffee table though now since the Center is up, before I thnk it would have blocked the sound a bit.

First of all, some kudos to some folks:

DON - Nice setup. Those Khorns look great!

Rudy81 - Looks very nice for a temporary setup. What do you mean by temporary home? Did I miss something?

leslie - That is a beautiful room. The trim and cabinet work is outstanding!

GiLL - Wow...what a striking room. I really like the wall paint treatment!

jacksonbart - What a truly tasteful room. It has the makings of a great HT room. Some wall treatments, drapes, etc. will really make that room pop.

skonopa - Dude...that is an awesome rack (that sounded kinda dirty didn't it11.gif). I have no idea how you'd cover up the wiring. Maybe you could buy some various colored wire loom and "display" the loom. Does that make sense?

Don't mean to single out or leave anyone out. I appreciate all of you who've posted your pics here.

Here's some updates to my HT and some other shots of Klipsch stuff in our home. First up is the stage frame with the rope light and black carpet. Yeah, I know...the rope light isn't exactly straight.

Stage frame 02.jpg

This is the stage prior to the hardwood being installed.

Before hardwood.jpg

This is a crazy idea I had to convert a skimboard into an end table.

Skimboard table.jpg

This is the RSX5's the wife got for Christmas for our bedroom.

RSX5.jpg

This is a shot of our Den system. New Samsung 46" DLP, Denon AVR3300, Denon DVD1910, Sony VCR, and Klipsch RB5's. Still need a sub for this room. The second shot shows the closeout panels I made (so proud of myself10.gif) to hide the rats nest of wiring behind the equipment.

Den Jan 2005.jpg

Closeout detail.jpg

Thanks guys for posting your stuff!! 9.gif

Tom

• dtel pinned this topic