Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

For anyone who has La Scalas here is a mod that made a big difference in the sound. I built a 2 foot by 2 foot 7 inch high riser for each speaker. Before the riser the tweeter was at my chin level and the mid horn was at my upper chest while sitting on my couch. Now with the riser the tweeter is just above my eye level and the mid horn is centered on my ear level. This really helped with some of the harshness people say La Scalas have since the tweeter is closes to your ears and the bass bin is at your leg level the sound field is lower. If you have a room that lets you put your chair back 15-20 feet you would probably not need this mod. But I'm 10 feet away so it helps alot!! I have 2 70 pound sand bags under the rug(need to find a better rug) that is supose to be another tweak. But since I'm not going to be heaving 140 pounds of sand off each speaker and listen and then put 140 pounds of sand back on each speaker and compare the difference I'll say it helps just for my ego. Not sure of the height of the Cornwalls but this might work also.

Xman

post-13699-13819255799868_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 5/27/2005 8:46:41 PM arthurs wrote:

I'll be darned if I didn't sell the thing..

----------------

You got no sub at all? How about a pair of the KW-120-THX subs? It'll keep you from getting band... 2.gif

my lens in need of a cleanin.im out in the sticks with dial up .sorry for the bad pics.we have been working on this for awhile now.the room is about 20x15.we have a home made screen made from black out material.it came with drections for the frame. it was supposed to be 106", but bob the builder im not and it came out to be 110".the projector is the last thing i have to buy.im leaning towards the panasonic ae700.the reciever is a denon 3803.dvd is lg with upconvert through component or dvi.speakers are f3's,c2,s2's,b2's, and svs20-39 pc plus.ive listend to the police in dts and a few other tunes and i love the way it sounds. im not sure i hooked up the surrounds right for a 6.1 soundtrack.i have the speakers hooked up to surround a+b, and highlighted as such in the set up menu.there is a another hook up option that says back surround that will allow 2 speakers to be hooked up as well.im not sure if i have it right.ive looked in the manual with no luck.any advice would be apprerciated.ill put up some more pics.

post-18070-13819255813448_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic