Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

----------------

On 6/8/2005 4:21:40 PM nicholtl wrote:

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Hometheater 21.jpg">

----------------

DUUUUDE you ahve a ton of equiptment!!! What is all that stuff? Do you have a list some where on here?

----------------

On 7/8/2005 7:03:52 PM KMyers wrote:

----------------

On 6/8/2005 4:21:40 PM nicholtl wrote:

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Hometheater 21.jpg">

----------------

DUUUUDE you ahve a ton of equiptment!!! What is all that stuff? Do you have a list some where on here?

----------------

Click on his name for his user profile, then click system profile. And yes he does have an awesome set up.

Do you run Rotel Bongo? I am hooked, the combo is allmost fluid sounding. I had been using a pretty descent Yamaha reciever when I bought my first Klipsch speaks, then got a Rotel RSP-980 off of ebay, and the combination is pheonominal. About 10k later I have learned to just settle down and enjoy what I have. Allthough I constantly browse audiogon, ebay, etc... lookin to steal a set of "vintage" Klipsch speaks just to have. Judging by the rate of which good deals last I am not alone. We love the t.v, for $1500, a suscribtion to dtv hd, it makes for some good sports and movie viewing.

Ok, we have the same tv but that's about it, your system rocks! I have a yammy rx-650 and rb-35's with a rc-35 up front. Rb-5II's(in cherry) and ksf-8.5's as surrounds.

I'm working on getting a rotel dvd RDV-1040 to start. It will replace a yam s520. So, some day1.gif

I didnt buy the stand with the tv and use mine, alot like you. The stands just went on sale for $99 at BB. I'm getting one. I went there looking for a LCD but fell in love with the pic. HD is awesome! Can't wait for footall!

Is your couch one of those futons that folds out into a bed? Me and all my college frat bros used to have that. If so, how tight is that?!?! You can watch movies or listen to music with the glory or 7 reference speakers coming at you while you lie down!

Yep, it's a futon. It is pretty nice to lay down & watch a flick.

Really though, the furniture funding gets rerouted to the stereo funding1.gif

Of course, if I can ever get my system to blow the clothes off a woman...

Shade cool tv and stand. Nic nice setup also, and everyone elses for that matter. Mine is pretty lame in comparison. I wish I didn't have diul up internet it takes forever to go through one page. I'd like to go through it all. I remember when Pako started it. Wow it's came a long ways.

This has been a great thread! Props to all those killer systems pictured!

Here is my little setup:

This is our first house and we have only been moved in for about two months now. The room is a little small but it will do - it is certainly better than the apartment we used to have!

Here is the front. KG.5s as mains (small but effective), KV3 center and a Velodyne sub for now. My wife and I agreed that she could have the whole rest of the house if I got the living room and the garage. That seems to have worked out well. She has not complained one single time about all the little black noise boxes. The TV is a Sanyo 32" HD. The cat is an 8 y/o tabby with an attitude.

IMG_1964%20(Medium).JPG

One of my prized possessions - this is a DIY rack made from polished aluminum extrusions, brackets and stained birch ply with edge veneers. It is part flexy rack, part something a little nicer. More pictures of it are here: http://home.hiwaay.net/~lbrewer/images/rack/

IMG_1965%20(Medium).JPG

Matching DIY speaker stands. Different tubing, same wood. The wire is run up through the middle.

IMG_1966%20(Medium).JPG

Rear KG.5s for the 6th and 7th channels.

IMG_1967%20(Medium).JPG

View from the front corner showing more .5's as left and right surrounds. The wiring for the surrounds is Belden 5000U, 12 gauge. All of it was run in wall - quite a chore in Alabama heat.

IMG_1968%20(Medium).JPG

These are the brackets I used to mount all four surrounds. They are from some type of JBL monitor speaker. I took off some unused brackets and was left with a 3/8" stud that screwed right into the back of pre drilled .5s (Thanks Klipsch). Wire runs up through the mounts. Each mount was rotated 45degrees so I could put two bolts into the studs.

IMG_1877%20(Medium).JPG

The last shot, from the right rear. A matching TV stand with integral drawer and center channel shelf is in pieces out in my garage right now. That, and some wire tidying, should make it look a little better.

IMG_1969%20(Medium).JPG

• 4 weeks later...

From seating position:

HT_full.jpg

All thats left is to

1. construct a stand for the center channel

2. cover the front stage with Royalty black velvet

3. hide the wires from projector to A/V rack.

getting the screen now really does make a world of difference, it really makes the picture pop. the colors are so much richer and even the contrast has improved. anyoen considering a hi-power screen with a ceiling mount should defnitely not regret it. I cant say enough good things about it. I'd post screen shots but i dont have an HD-DVR to pause the frame.

post-11376-13819255838252_thumb.jpg

Hi there!

So here is my european home theater with Klipsch power! 9.gif

The RF3 system will be replaced with a complete RF-7 system on saturday. Thought I´d post some pictures before and after.

So this is "before"

http://www.heimkino.at/referenzen/main_d_1_26.htm

"after" comes somewhen next week... That is, if I manage to take pictures beeing all exited about my new RF-7 babies! 10.gif

Nick

• dtel pinned this topic