Any information on Pro La Scalas?

I'm not exactyly sure when the first LSI was built however, production was discontinued around 1997. As for price range, the last price we have is $2600 to $3000 MSRP.

I would not know about collectablity, really depends on user demand.

If you would like any of the .PDF sheets we have for the LSI (La Scala Industrial) or sometimes called Professional La Scalas, then email us at www.support@klipsch.com and we would be glad to send you what we have. 1.gif

I have 2 pairs of Pro La Scalas. (They are not for sale, but ask me what you really want to know I will try and help.) They are basically indestructable speakers and will play at insane volume levels... And, last a lifetime. The woofer is a different one from the regular La Scalas.. It Speakers handle 200 watts, and protection is used for both the woofer and upper ends with fuses to help protect them. (the pro woofer does not go quite as low as a regular La Scala..) Up till recently, most Live/program use music never had anything lower than 50 Htz anyhow for PA use. Especially at loud volumes.

They are collectable yes, although most have been abused being basically PA speakers. They were/ are still to this day usually used in DJ/ KJ/ Live Band/ Club use. Now finding a pair in good working order with original parts and not too banged up is a WONDERFUL find.

The models were all made in black, some in what feels like fiberglass wood. (sorry I do not know the right term) and some with split tops. If your lucky, they also come with handles and metal edges too.

For a good pro set in looks working condition today... low end maybe 1,200 to as high on ebay of a perfect set (split cabinets metal edges and looks brand new) of maybe 3,000.

Yeah Indy, the Industrial LaScalas I used to work with at Indy Pro Audio (then Calliope Sound) were 3/4 plywood (the good void-free stuff) with fiberglass or gel-coat in black and aluminum edging. The cabinets were split with folded horn woofer in one cabinet and the mid/high horns in another. I don't think they had any passive crossover at all, since I always tri-amped those babies (grinning). We usually used four units, with two per side, stacked from bottom to top woofer-woofer-midhigh-midhigh. The total height was about 7 feet so the top midhighs just shot over the audience at those 80's disco parties. They travelled quite well and one man ( ok, a BIG guy like me) could carry a bass bin up a flight of stairs when properly motivated by Jack Daniels. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of those babies now!Thanks for bringing back some great memories! I'll give ya tales of humping the BIG MCM stack later!!!

Michael

• Like 1

"They travelled quite well and one man ( ok, a BIG guy like me) could carry a bass bin up a flight of stairs when properly motivated by Jack Daniels. "

Gee, my drummer's wife at 5'3" and 110 lbs could carry ours by herself.

The secret is to not use the handles.

From the side, stick your arm in the front up to your elbow. Put your other hand under the rear corner. Lean back and they come right off the floor and are easy to carry.