OH MY GOD THIS NBA GAME IS CRAAAAZY!

nicholtl

The two reasons the Lakers thought they might win the title this year are the two reasons they may not.

(1) Karl Malone.....He`s hurting right now.

(2) Gary Payton.....He`s whining right now.

I`ve been a Laker fan since my Kentucky days but if they don`t win game 4 then you can say good-bye to this particular team forever.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys (Olorin & Prodj101): (Please forgive my ignorance of the game) So is what you are saying is that Bryant didn't get the ball much because Detroit's defense didn't really allow the opportunity?

Well, first off I have to admit that I only caught about half the game. Between having work to do at the beginning and being too disgusted to watch at the end, I missed most of it.

All the same, I think the Lakers played badly to a greater extent than Prodj apparently does. I'm not taking anything away from Detroit -- their defensive performance was impressive to say the least. They smothered the Lakers and denied them opportunities.

At the same time, the Lakers did have opportunities, and they didn't convert on them. I saw four occasions when they could have gotten the ball to Kobe and they didn't. They forgot Shaq was in the center and played toss-the-ball-around-the-arc ball instead of playing get-the-damn-ball-into-the-paint ball. When they did get the rare open look, they usually missed the hole.

So no, I don't think it's that Detroit didn't allow Kobe the chance to get the ball, but they did do a good job of stopping him when he had it.

Even though Detroit did win, they did their share of missing the bucket on shots, too. The guys here (at the office) all tell me that they are sort of famous for that, in fact. But, they also went on to say that the old "Bad Boys" from the 1980's rarely missed a bucket in comparison. Now THAT I DO remember. I caught most of the game except for the 3rd, when I had more important things to attend to.

I will tell you that Detroit is now a full fleged crazy NBA Basketball town. Much like the Lakers Players are experiencing, their fans will yell at all hours from across the street , beep their horns down below the hotel at all hours.. Call the rooms if it is possible and as they leave the hotel harrass them too. I look at this as maybe going a bit too far, but for some reason.. It is also cool as well.

(They do this to the Pacers too, and have seen it myself. Next time, note to myself, ...do not stay with the team. LOL)

I will say this.. Personally,(except for maybe Karl Malone..) I want to see the Lakers lose. Like a lot of people outside of LA we get tired of constantly being told that eveyone is a sub par team, and the Lakers are the only thing that matters. This series could very easily be 3-0 right now. With the free agent situation, and Kobe possibly going to jail for a long time... This might be the lakers last chance for a while.

Add to the argument that small town teams should not be in the finals...Especially for the ratings aspect, and nothing else matters... It is amazing to me to see great solid basketball with defense and good shooting beating the Lakers.

I think the Pacers will be back too...

the old players were more accurate, and detroits shooting is....near embarassing alot of the time. if they were a good shooting team but maintained the way they currently play they'd be a very dangerous team to face. Ben and Rasheed Wallace are both feirce defensive players, especially Ben. the ball comes anywhere near him and he'll get his hands on it. his numbers say it all. he takes 2nd place in the league for offensive and defensive rebounds, and blocks, but he can't shoot (and is in fact the leagues all time worst free throw shooter). hamilton hasn't been able to heat up much either.

but yeah they did a great job of covering the lakers key players. bryant did practically nothing, and shaq was kept under control.

Yeah, I heard on TV last night here on the local Detroit news that a few Pistons fans had actually gone to the Lakers hotel (The Townsend) in nearby Birmingham Wednesday night and were shouting at the players rooms from across the street in the parking structure from about 11:30 PM until an hour later when the police had to make them disperse. Although that's kind of funny to me, I still don't think that was very cool. I think it makes our town look unsportsmanlike.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 11:50:06 AM middlecreekguy wrote:

The two reasons the Lakers thought they might win the title this year are the two reasons they may not.

----------------

...when is Payton not whining...? From watching this and the previous series', it seems like everytime Payton has a call go against him hes in someones face...

----------------

On 6/11/2004 3:35:10 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

OH yeah! What do you think now?? Takin 3 in the big D and it's over!

----------------

I think they've won their first home game in a best of seven series, and now hold a 2-1 lead.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 5:17:27 PM Olorin wrote:

----------------

On 6/11/2004 3:35:10 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

OH yeah! What do you think now?? Takin 3 in the big D and it's over!

----------------

I think they've won their first home game in a best of seven series, and now hold a 2-1 lead.

----------------

I think what he meant by that is that if Detroit wins all 3 games at home, its over.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 4:41:53 PM Juba310 wrote:

----------------

On 6/11/2004 11:50:06 AM middlecreekguy wrote:

----------------

...when is Payton
not
whining...? From watching this and the previous series', it seems like everytime Payton has a call go against him hes in someones face...

----------------

Yeah, Payton is infamous for this but that was not my point.

Gary still has not accepted his role as a Laker and when they lose he makes it a point to let everyone know he`s not happy with it. Gary has done a lot to shape his role with this Laker team by being inconsistent at both ends of the floor. I will give him the benefit of the doubt by acknowledging that I do not think the triangle offense is the perfect offense for him. But hey, it`s not the best for Kobe either, and he makes the best of it.

My point? Stop whining to the press and PLAY. You got business to take care of. Just do it.

If I may be bold here.....I really beleive.........Lakers in 7.

WE MISS YOU CHICK.15.gif In our house we break out your bobble-head for every game, but it just makes us miss you more.

Not to put the cart before the horse, I hope Detroit is able to pull it off. Considering what little I really know about basketball, I did not think the Pistons would do well at all in this series. So far, the series has been a plesant surprise for me, to put it mildly.

IndyKlipschFan: To answer your question about the equipment rack, it's a Middle Atlantic ERK Series Stand alone, 19" wide x 25" deep x 70" tall equipment rack. It lists for nearly $700 but it can be ordered for $378 (+ shipping) from broadcast supplier, Markertek

I also chose to order and install a lockable, smoked-Plexiglas front door ($363.00), and a steel top with a round 10" fan cutout ($24.00).

Being 16 gauge steel, everything is quite heavy so they drop-ship the units on a wooden pallet and a frieght company does the delivery, as it's too heavy for UPS. Trust me, it is quite HEAVY! The truck arrived at the house and the driver will only help you lift it down off the tailgate of the semi. It's up to you to move it from the street to your garage or wherever. Luckily, the driver I had was nice and he helped me wheel it back to my garage on a dolly I had.

Despite the hassles due to the unit's size and weight, it was well worth it because now that it's all built into the wall, I can't imagine a better way for me to protect and display my equipment. We get so many compliments on our rack! We are close to installing the ceiling over the front of the rack area and finishing the wall trim.

rack_closed.jpgpixel.gif

rack_open.jpgpost-10177-1381925590865_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/12/2004 9:42:41 AM prodj101 wrote:

it would be great to see the pistons win not only because they're the underdog but because payton and malone both went to such lengths to get to the lakers team in pursuit of a championship win...selfish bastards.
----------------

If I take another job and get a pay raise, better benefits, etc. it would probably be selfish too. You have to do what's best for you and yours. These guys took a huge pay CUT to go to the Lakers in order to fulfill their childhood dreams. More power to them.

I live in Michigan and cannot stand the huge Laker egos, by the way. But I don't see anything bad about them pursuing their dreams. Maybe I'm not seeing the entire picture?

The Pistons should have won game 2, outplayed the Lakers DRAMATICALLY in games 1 and 3 and still are getting little to no credit from the media. It's not about how good the Pistons are playing but, rather, how the Lakers are just not playing their game. I was kind of laughing at the quietness coming from the lead Lakers cheerleader, Al Michaels in the final quarter of game three. I wonder if he'll try to be more independent in game four?

David

Totally agree with you DKP... Al Michaels & company really suck. Nobody wants to give the Pistons credit. I'm tellin ya though it's over! Two more games and Pistons are world champs! Lakers just can't deal with the defense, and along with the crowd they don't have a chance. I heard on the radio that there was a pretty good crowd of people outside their hotel raising heck so bad the police had to be called to break it up LOL.

----------------

On 6/11/2004 12:49:38 PM picky wrote:

I caught most of the game except for the 3rd, when I had more important things to attend to.

----------------

Yea,right dude. Here's proof of what you call "more important"

Picky basketball.jpg

2.gifhe he he he he he. Evil, Ain't I?11.gif

----------------

On 6/12/2004 11:04:43 AM dkp wrote:

If I take another job and get a pay raise, better benefits, etc. it would probably be selfish too. You have to do what's best for you and yours. These guys took a huge pay CUT to go to the Lakers in order to fulfill their childhood dreams. More power to them.

David

----------------

The thing that bugs me with Payton and Malone going to the Lakers to win a championship is that they could not do it on their own terms & team. Taking a pay cut in order to win a ring is like them buying a ring and not EARNING the ring. They couldn't do it on their respective teams so they had to do the next best thing and take a pay cut to put themselves in the best possible situation for winning a champioinship. If they somehow are able to win, it will be nice, but not nearly as nice if Seattle had done it in '96 and Utah had done it in '97. Not even close! They can thank Michael Jordan for this....9.gif I'm glad they aren't going to get a ring with this Laker team... 1.gif Dangit...foiled again... 9.gif