OH MY GOD THIS NBA GAME IS CRAAAAZY!

nicholtl

----------------

On 6/11/2004 6:43:14 PM Juba310 wrote:

----------------

On 6/11/2004 5:17:27 PM Olorin wrote:

----------------

On 6/11/2004 3:35:10 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

OH yeah! What do you think now?? Takin 3 in the big D and it's over!

----------------

I think they've won their first home game in a best of seven series, and now hold a 2-1 lead.

----------------

I think what he meant by that is that if Detroit wins all 3 games at home, its over.

----------------

I know what he meant. 1.gif No team has ever won all three at home in a Finals. Detroit may well be the first to do it, but they've got two more games to go. Up 2-1 in a best of seven series is way too early to be declaring victory.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 6/13/2004 10:11:22 AM Ctiger2 wrote:

----------------

On 6/12/2004 11:04:43 AM dkp wrote:

If I take another job and get a pay raise, better benefits, etc. it would probably be selfish too. You have to do what's best for you and yours. These guys took a huge pay CUT to go to the Lakers in order to fulfill their childhood dreams. More power to them.

David

----------------

The thing that bugs me with Payton and Malone going to the Lakers to win a championship is that they could not do it on their own terms & team. Taking a pay cut in order to win a ring is like them buying a ring and not EARNING the ring. They couldn't do it on their respective teams so they had to do the next best thing and take a pay cut to put themselves in the best possible situation for winning a champioinship. If they somehow are able to win, it will be nice, but not nearly as nice if Seattle had done it in '96 and Utah had done it in '97. Not even close! They can thank Michael Jordan for this....
9.gif
I'm glad they aren't going to get a ring with this Laker team...
1.gif
Dangit...foiled again...
9.gif

----------------

I agree.

I find it funny when people make general accusations about others and have no clue as to what it`s like to be in that person`s position.

I always live by the rule....."Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me".

That being said, I do not want this thread to turn into a flame war. I`m just saying leave Karl and Gary be. They left teams that they served very well for years. Both players are in their twilight years and left teams that were in rebuilding mode. Going to a more productive place was a no- brainier.

Karl could have stayed with the Jazz and broke Kareem`s scoring record but he opted to go to a team where he get`s less touches and less money for the chance at winning a title.

Who are we to judge?1.gif

----------------

On 6/13/2004 6:00:35 PM picky wrote:

BBB: Don't make me come over there!
9.gif2.gif

----------------

A threat? Be careful. I can have ya playin a duet with this guy in a flash.

pink panther.gif (This spot reserved for Picky)9.gif2.gif

BBB: I shouldn't have told you I play the sax! LOL.9.gif

Aw, man these 9 PM tip-offs really blow!14.gif The game ended right at midnight last night (and I get up at 5:20 AM). Oh well, it was my choice and I sure am glad I decided to stay up as that was one, exciting game last night. Neck-and-neck nearly all the way. The Pistons are really out-classing the Lakers on the court. I sure hope they go all the way

Yeah, and that Al Michaels is an idiot. On Thursday night, at the very end of the game going into the commercial break, the graphic came up at the bottom of the screen showing the final scores and they were transposed: Detroit (the hosting team) was shown on the top (instead of the bottom) along with the losing score. Michaels then proceeded to read the graphic verbatim saying "Detroit loses 68 to 88 thereby insuring a game six. We'll be right back!" "Dude! You just got done calling the entire game! Don't you know who won?"14.gif

Naturally, right after the commercial break, Michaels corrected himself and the graphic was right. But then, last night right after the game going into the commercial break, Michael started to recite the final score. This time the graphic was right but Michaels began to say, "Detroit 80, LA....uh.....LA 80, Detroit 88."

I suspect the technicians in the ABC control room must all be Lakers fans and probably messing with his teleprompter! At least, I HOPE that's what's goin on.14.gif Sheesh!

I don't think the Pistons will win Game 5. Here's why.......

1. No home team has won all three "middle games" (Games 3, 4, and 5) since the 2-3-2 format has been played in the Finals.

2. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist here, in that we KNOW that TV wants the Lakers to extend the series......along with being Laker fanboys.

3. The Lakers play best when the HAVE to....they seem to bumble and stumble until thier collective backs are against the wall. I'm still amazed at how they won vs. San Antonio...the Lakers pulled that series out of thier collective hind end.

I will be as pleased as anyone to see the Lakers lose.......but I got a hunch they will be playing in LA again before it's over. And if it goes to LA, LA may well win this series.

----------------

On 6/14/2004 6:27:45 AM Audible Nectar wrote:

I don't think the Pistons will win Game 5. Here's why.......

1. No home team has won all three "middle games" (Games 3, 4, and 5) since the 2-3-2 format has been played in the Finals.

2. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist here, in that we KNOW that TV wants the Lakers to extend the series......along with being Laker fanboys.

3. The Lakers play best when the HAVE to....they seem to bumble and stumble until thier collective backs are against the wall. I'm still amazed at how they won vs. San Antonio...the Lakers pulled that series out of thier collective hind end.

I will be as pleased as anyone to see the Lakers lose.......but I got a hunch they will be playing in LA again before it's over. And if it goes to LA, LA may well win this series.

----------------

Very good points, and while I obviously want the Lakers to win also since I live here in LA, the other statistic is that none of the 27 teams in the past who were up 3-1 have ever gone on to lose a series...which makes me very upset...

...cause I HATE THE PISTONS!!!

PS - oh cool, this is my 500th post. I'm no longer "insane poster" but a "freak" now. dope!

This series was a tough one for me - I'm a Celtics fan.

Being a Celtics fan, I still despise Detroit from the Bill Lambeer/Joe Dumars/Dennis Rodman "Bad Boys" days....

But I still don't hate them as much as I hate Kobe "please please please keep calling me MJ so that one day I'll be good enough to handwash his jock for him" Bryant and his band of merry crybabies that will all be suffering from a bad case of reality when Shaq finally retires.

Kinda like the last couple elections - choosing the lesser of two evils is never easy...

Guest Anonymous

Well...cause I live in Michigan and being a Pistons fan and much supprised like the rest of NBA fans on how the NBA finals have taken a turn for the underdog I wouldn`t be the least supprised if tonite will be the last game and the Pistons picking the Lakers up with the fork...in the end