Best Music Organizer for Windows XP?

Grateful11

I didn't get an answer in the computer forum, which I realize is not visited by very many here so here it goes.

Okay here's something I never thought I'd do, I bought a Windows XP equipped computer. It's a long story anyway I figure you guys can answer this question better than a regular computer forum. What's the best music organizer, player, ripper and burning software available for Windows XP? I've been using iTunes ever since it came out for the Mac but what about Windows? Preferably free software. I've got iTunes latest version downloaded already but is it Windows friendly?

Thanks,

Grateful

www.winamp.com

iTunes is cool and all, but it runs kinda chunky and is slow on the pc (well it runs chunky and slow on the mac too...) anyways, apart from iTunes resorting your music on you, it's a rather nice program. Though I'd have to say that winamp is still better.

My next choice after those two is actually windows media player.

All the other programs like to run stuff in the background and run at boot up and sometimes hard to get rid of (especially real player).

I'd say Musicmatch would be my 4th choice, but it's mostly just a matter of preference.

I would say windows media player 9. Go to windows update page, and download it and all the fixes. It will automatically give the cover art too. I tried almost all of the players, but when you already have the windows. I think the other ones bogg your computer down. I think when you download anything they snag it and resell it. But that's my opinion, and i know for a fact realone player slowed my computer down. And those stupid trial version things when you can get it all free, and free of hassle and popups with windows media player. Just my 1 cent dinasaur brain opinion. I don't know much about computers, but i am beginning to believe nothing is free. Do not download anything unless you have to have it.

I came across this one webcomminity/forum that was dedicated to music compression and playback and all that stuff...the term "ogg vorbis" was thrown around quite a lot, but I think it's a compression format...

anyways, I'll find the link to that forum (it's on my pc back home) and do a little browsing of my own for other alternate playback programs (there were tons).

Hate to say it but Windows Media Player 9 is unmatched in my opinion. I don't use it for ripping (gotta use Exact Audio copy for that), but it's organizing and library features rock. And Andy O'Meara released a version of Gforce (not the graphics card) for it, and it is far and away the most beautiful and stimulating visualization ever for any player (you can get it for all players, and even a stand alone version for live music).

Gforce

Anyway, I like WM9.