Need Help on surround sound in the house

tlynch6988

I have some question and need some help. We just built a house and have wired it completly for surround sound. All the bedrooms, living room, bathroom have been wired and i am curious on what kind of wall mount speakers and what kind of system to get. I need everything except the tv we have just bought a mitsubishi plasma but i need everything else. We will need 16 wall mount speakers. Please help new at this one. Thanks ahead of time.

lynch10.gif

tlynch6988: First of all, welcome into the forum. Glad to have you aboard!

What sort of wall speakers did you have in mind; the type that simply mount or hang onto the wall, or the type that are mounted into the wall and/or ceiling and have a flush appearance?

we have the wall mounts installed into the wall they will be hanging outside the walls. I was looking at the rs-25 and the rs-35 just curious and also what to run all this with. Recievers, dvds, everything? Thanks for the reply and i am glad i found this site

For the bedrooms and baths I would use the ceiling flush mounted

speakers. To run all of these you will need a mutiroom distribution

system. Did you have them run electrical lines into each room

so a control pad can be placed to turn on that particular room

and control the volume?

I have some fairly inexpensive in-wall speakers by Elan that feature a positionable tweeter so you can aim it somewhat.

Otherwise recommend any smaller Klipsch speaker mounted to the wall so as to avoid vibration!

Use real center channel-designed speakers whenever possible as that sound is critical for the theatre experience.

Michael

• Like 1

thanks. We already have all wall mounts installed to the house. They wired the whole house for surround sound and yes each room will have volume control. What wall mount speaker would you guys go with for each room. Also what toys would you get to run the system.

mostly i will say when you go inexpensive you get inexpensive sound, take a while and look over the speks for all the klipsch wall mounted models, i am not a fan because of thier limited range, but since you made provisions for this already go klipsch, of all the wall mounts i have auditioned klipsch is by far the best. as far as electronics look at b&k they have multi-room functionality as well and the difference in sound is well worth the extra money, plus in the long run you will save, money over the cheaper rigs, because they will just leave you wanting12.gif

Hey, you've got some auditioning on your "to do" list.

Will this system need to also handle HT duties? Or just 2-channel back ground music?

You might want to have 2 systems, 1 for each task.

Do the 16(8 stereo pairs) speakers include the minimum 5 for HT?

I would consider an all-weather/outdoors type speaker pair for the humidity associated with bathrooms.

What types of systems/components have you had in the past?

Musical preferences?

Klipsch will rock your world. However, I'm very pleased with JBL's11.gif (>$) all-weather stuff.