Best "Bang for the Buck" Klipsch Speaker?

texas42

I think Greg hit the nail on the head...whatever model you can afford at the time and end up buying. All Klipsch loudspeakers are a bargain, even the new Klipschorn, when you compare their prices to these high-end audiophile loudspeakers costing anywhere from $10,000 up to $100,000 or more! And I doubt there are that many mega-buck speakers in the 100K range that just blow away a Klipschorn IMO...for that price they all should (and I'm sure a few do to an extent, but not many), and they're definately not worth 100 grand plus to me! I'd rather spend that amount on a small 3 bedroom house, and use the rest on a pair of Klipschorns!

Just my 2 cents...

IMHO Cornwalls are second to the Khorn. When I bought mine that was the "choice" (LOL you can't really call it a choice) I gave to my wife. The Lascalas are not WAF for the living room and the Corns beat them in the bass dept. Belles and Khorns weren't different enough in price to consider the compromise. I went to buy Corns originally and, someday, when a set comes my way for a song I still plan to buy a pair for HT.

Rick

Forte's with lots of power for around $450.00 cannot be beat. Preferrably II's, and I know because I own them, and in my opinion of quality:

Khorns

Cornwalls

Forte II

RF-5

Heresy

KG3.5

Promedia 2.1

Quintets

Gee, I think I am a bit biased. But for car stereo MB Quarts.

The best value is the big ole horns that hold their value or appreciate, in that case, the bigger is better, the classic Klipsch corner Khorns would cost $225, or 3%, more per year, so I think the larger units will hold their value better, making them less expensive to own, NOT discounting the very important fact that they are the best sounding Klipsch horns,

big ole horns that people are dying to get rid of because they are so big and demand quality low power amplifiers are often the very best bargains in horns - buy Corns for $400, sell them for $600 - otherwise I think some of the overlook older Klipsch models are very good: Chorus comes to mind2.gif

I think the Fortes offer up the best bang for the buck.

IMHO. The Quartet, Fortes, Forte2, Chorus, and Chorus2 are all some incredible speakers and should definately be considered.

I own them all and definately get the most musical satisfaction, overall, from the Forte 1s.

(though, it really becomes dependant on the front end your using)

Secondarily, I think KG 4.5s and Cornwalls do some amazing things.

Otherwise....

KG-4

SB-3

KSF-10.5

They all have attributes which shouldn't be overlooked.

That being said, I'm currently running a Reference 7, 7 channel HT and a pair of '57 Khorns in 12x15 room.

That, IMO, is the best of both worlds if your budget could allow.

Good luck with your quest for great audio.

Regards,

John.

Myself, after 5 years I'm still amazed by my klf20s. I play them easily 30 hours a week and most of the time at very high volume. I believe I have the last speaker I'll ever own. I'd say pick up a pair of these or klf30s. I'm currently on the hunt for an extra pair myself.

----------------

On 6/21/2004 7:52:18 PM Colin wrote:

The best value is the big ole horns that hold their value or appreciate, in that case, the bigger is better, the classic Klipsch corner Khorns would cost $225, or 3%, more per year, so I think the larger units will hold their value better, making them less expensive to own, NOT discounting the very important fact that they are the best sounding Klipsch horns,

big ole horns that people are dying to get rid of because they are so big and demand quality low power amplifiers are often the very best bargains in horns - buy Corns for $400, sell them for $600 - otherwise I think some of the overlook older Klipsch models are very good: Chorus comes to mind
2.gif
----------------

Please let me know the next time you come across a nice pair of Corns for $400. I'd like to buy them. 9.gif

----------------

On 6/21/2004 9:06:42 PM sdfan wrote:

Myself, after 5 years I'm still amazed by my klf20s. I play them easily 30 hours a week and most of the time at very high volume. I believe I have the last speaker I'll ever own. I'd say pick up a pair of these or klf30s. I'm currently on the hunt for an extra pair myself.
----------------

Yep I heard them once and they left a lastting impression on me. I am actively seeking a pair of KLF-30's in the So Cal area if anyone has a pair.

----------------

On 6/21/2004 9:28:26 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 6/21/2004 9:06:42 PM sdfan wrote:

----------------

Yep I heard them once and they left a lastting impression on me. I am actively seeking a pair of KLF-30's in the So Cal area if anyone has a pair.

----------------

love mine two. great bang for the buck. i'd have to say my heresy II are more bang for the buck with my sub included though.

I reckon any Klipsch speaker in good condition depending on space constraints, as long as you have the split mid and tweeter horns, e.g., KLF20, Heresy, etc. The combined mid/tweeter horn speakers; KLF10 and Kg5.5 are a little more system sensitive although stiil great value for money.

best "Bang" for the buck?

RF3 - no question.

Connect to a 200 wpc Rotel with a semi decent pre-amp and stand back, well back, possibly another county.

Quite the loudest thing I have ever heard. A friend has this setup - Jesus!!

Best value? Chalk another vote up for the Forte 2 - even here!!

The best value in big ole horns are ones you buy for less than the current market price!

Look for unpopular models (KGs?) or a motivated seller.

even scratched models can be made to look like new with Tung Oil (careful, ask us first)

16.gif

Cornwalls definitely. Cheaper smoother and smaller than LaScalas. BIG BOX sound of the Heritage line, and somewhat available at reasonable prices. I got mine for $300 per pair oiled walnut kind of beat up and needed woofers reconed.

THEY ROCK!!!

• Like 1