built from the ground up! you guys will enjoy looking at this site

montigue

your setup looks great. In fact, the spacing looks almost to the footage what my little corner of the basement occupies. my question, did you do all the work yourself, or did you contract it out. i am not a handyman type and am looking into having a similar setup installed in my home. Good viewing and listening.

my gear:

-DENON 5800

-KLIPSCH RF-7'S

-KLIPSCH RC-7

-KLIPSCH RS-7'S

-KLIPSCH RF-3's (back surrounds)

-SVS 16-46 SUBWOOFERS

-PIONEER 606 DD/DTS LD PLAYER

-SONY DVD PLAYER

-PROSCAN 60-INCH RPTV

-DIRECTV SATELLITE SYSTEM

-MONSTER Z-2 SERIES SPEAKER CABLES

-MONSTER Z-2 & M-SERIES INTERCONNECTS

Absolutely Monty!

Part of me hates the guy's desire to flaunt his material possesions; it's almost childish. It's as if he's trying to make the rest of us jealous (and he succeeded with me)! Then I look at it again and dream. That could be me someday, with all those video titles and every audio disc known to man, and that killer Sony video projector (I was in the A/V business for 11 years--I know all about the great Sony 3-gun Video Projectors)...but where are the Klipsch speakers? With all the money he's spent on gear, just think of the Klipsch setup he could have! I would have called Hope and ordered about eleventy-six Jubilees (whenever they come out) and K-Horns and stuff!

Well, if anything, at least he's sparked a conversation on this board!cwm22.gif

I agree with you guys ... it's a fascinating set-up but it would definatly be improved by Klipsch speakers! I have read that bookshelves with books of different sizes make for a great difussion effect ...I wonder whether his wall of bookcases loaded with media works the same.

Hey there, Lovedrummin, with a handle like that should there be any doubt? Or could it be your not drummin' up love... but just lovin' to drum! In either case, surely a well disposed, independently wealthy wife works best... but I've never been able to make that HT scene! cwm3.gif HornEd

PS: Hey, did you notice that over-the-top HT doesn't have the latest SVS Ultra in the corner! Ahh, this upgrade and tweaking avocation just keeps rolling on...cwm29.gif

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-23-2001 at 04:22 AM

You think he is flaunting this? His other sites are dedicated to his disco with the glass ball and floor from STUDIO 54 and his own bowling alley he got from the White House when they put in a couple of new lanes.

So much fun so little time.

Yea, I am just kidding.

If he will put this much effort into watching movies just think what he could do if he was trying to pick up girls.

That is one tremendous home theatre, he had a vision and the money to make it real.

Thanks for showing it to us.

TKAcwm1.gif