ACI's Quake w/Proprietary Dual 8" long-throw woofers ..y/n?

montigue

Fellow Klipsch Klan member's, once again I'm calling for help asking for your xpert advise. Please help me find the right sub for my system within my $500 budget.

Ive been looking at down firing subs that have at least a 12" woofer. Today I came across a site that was selling the Quake w/ 2 8" woofers loaded w/ a 100w amp. This sub gets a lot of good reveiws from audioreveiw.com but I havent seen it get mentioned here.

Any comments? ( keep in mind I cannot go over $500 what so ever)

Sony Wega 36" flat screen

Sony DTS DVD

Sony Hi-Fi VCR

Harman Kardon AVR 65

Klipsch KG 5.2's

Klipsch KLF C-7 center

Klipsch KG 2.2's rear

If you are looking for the most "bang" for the buck under $500, you need look no further than the Velodyne CT150. It has 300W RMS amp, and 15" driver. Yes, it is forward firing, but it quakes my living room. It is built like a tank, weighing in at 83lbs. If your budget cannot be compromised, don't pass this one up. Check out the link: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hificoncepts/velodynect150.html

Hey, and they only charged me $24 for shipping this puppy, with a shipping weight of 93lbs!

------------------

Thanks,

Bill Dillon

Mains: LaScalas

Center: KLF C7

Front Effects: None Yet

Rears: Chorus IIs

Rear Center: None Yet

Sub: Velodyne CT150

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V3000

DVD: Sony 560D

TV: Toshiba 61" 61H70

Thank's Dillon! The VELODYNE CT150 looks like you get more for your money vs the ACI Quake. Bigger magnets, Bigger box more wattage too. Unless I see something better (which I doubt I will under $500) I'm going with that one.

seb: because subs get pounded alot I have to go with a new one, but thanks for the reply.

Monty