How do We Liven Up This Section of the Fourm

thebes

Hey, I found ya down here...just kidding.

I do check this topic from time-to-time yet, don't contribute as much as I should. It is a great place to discover new music and movie reveiws from people who have a passion for and apreciate music/movies.

If you think this thread would "see more action" moved up top, I'll mention it to the Admin's and see what they think.

I totally agree, music is why Klipsch and this forum exist and now, home theater breaths more life into our existence.

P.S. I enjoy everyone's participation on the forum...Klipsch Forum members are some of the greatest people I've met and talked with...kudo's to all.16.gif

Oh, Oh it's the fuzz just when I was going to start talking about religion.

I mean what's your views on Animists, good or bad?

Time to amscray (psst.. guys meet me up in Klipsch en Espanlol. We can talk about Franco and Peron and nobody will find us there. I'm off to Spain)

----------------

On 6/23/2004 6:50:07 PM thebes wrote:

Jeez, even the moderators can't find us down here.
We could have a Get Naked With Your Khorns party down here and no one would notice
. I've got the Muscatel, anybody got any naked Khorns.
----------------

Maybe Colin will post some of those Paris Hilton clips?!

12.gif

Thebes --

This thread has created almost unprecedented excitement in the "DVD's, Music and Movies" forum! It has the third highest number of posts after "Childhood Music You Hated That You Now Love" and "T3" (a thyroid test?). Congratulations!

Larry

Hey Larry, I'm not talking about moving the thread, just dodging the coppers. They may think they are in control but we've got plenty of hiding places they probably don't even know about.

Just kidding Steve, thanks for your nice comments, and yes alert the corporate suits.

I also like Paris Hilton's I'm a cute bad girl act, nice pegs too!

Ok. If we're going to be here for a while how do these topics sounds:

What's your favorite Song while singing in the Shower?

What tunes do you hum at funerals?

Is the Drum Solo in Indagodda da Vida too long? (always thought that was an Italian group)

Come on guys, let's get cracking. We could end up as the bad boys, hanging out, wearing pegged pants, ducktail haircuts, rolling our own butts. Pretty soon the bad girls will start coming by. We'll whisper the words to the Duke of Earl in their ears.

Anybody got a Heavy Chevy we can cruise in?

While the webmaster calls this an "off-topic" forum in the above link, this thread presents some pretty good arguments that music is central to our interest in the equipment, and music threads in 2-Channel are frequently extensive and have many views and responses. In contrast, few forum members seem to even find exposure to music threads in this forum.

The fact is, music threads have to be posted in 2-channel to get much attention and response.

Larry

Historically, this section has been dominated by movies. Maybe we can change that. If we start posting some new topics maybe others from 2-channel will catch on.

I'd like to begin one regarding the Vivaldi, 6 Double Concertos lp I'm listening to right now. Spectacular. When I have some time a little later I'll do just that. Right now my wife wants to take a walk and it's a beautiful evening.1.gif

• Moderators

Hi all!

Yes, I do get down here usually once a day, but there is rarely any need to post, unless it's something fun I want to participate in!

I agree, it would be nice to see this section get more traffic. I'd hate to lump it into Home Audio, however, as it does pertain to ProMedia and Aragon also. I'll think about it some more and get some input from our other moderators, but for now, just scroll a little farther! 1.gif

----------------

On 6/28/2004 6:28:57 PM Amy Unger wrote:

Hi all!

Yes, I do get down here usually once a day, but there is rarely any need to post, unless it's something fun I want to participate in!

I agree, it would be nice to see this section get more traffic. I'd hate to lump it into Home Audio, however, as it does pertain to ProMedia and Aragon also. I'll think about it some more and get some input from our other moderators, but for now, just scroll a little farther!
1.gif

----------------

Keep it here! This place used to rock!

Maybe move it up near the 2 channel area. Anyone compared DVD-A discs with SACD discs yet? I've just received an Eric Bibb disc on SACD that is brilliant - called 'Good Stuff'; nice acoustic folk/blues. Another good one....sorry about this...is Celine Dion's 'A New Day Has Come' also on SACD. Both are multi channel/2 channel. I've got a couple of DVD-A's - the best is BB King's 'Riding With the King'. As yet I haven't made up my mind about the 2 different formats. They both sound good but not enough material is out yet. It's funny but after listening to there high resolution formats, I can still put an LP on my turntable and not think I am missing anything music wise!

----------------

On 6/29/2004 7:27:51 AM larryclare wrote:

----------------

On 6/28/2004 11:16:29 PM wheelman wrote:

Keep it here! This place used to rock!

----------------

What do you think changed so that it no longer rocks?

Larry

----------------

It still rocks! I worded it wrong. I should of said " No one used to complain about it being down here, and it's still fun and it was more fun when no one cared it was down here. No one likes people being bummed. Well maybe some people, but it's all good I will check it out where ever it's at. I didn't mean you guys don't rock. It's just funner when people don't complain. That's all.

----------------

On 7/10/2004 11:13:29 PM HornPenguin wrote:

One of my favorite topics to discuss is music. I would post more often if there was a section devoted to music, without having to look through the movie posts. I'm sure the movie guys would prefer thier own section as well?

----------------

Horn, my initial concern (and Thebes') was that music posts in this forum were being seen by a minimal no. of members, and perhaps it should be moved. However, it looks like movie and DVD fans really like it where it is, and it should be left alone. Even suggestions that it be left as a forum but moved up to just below Home Audio, haven't attracted any interest.

Then, by contrast, music posts in 2-Channel usually get a HUGE response. It appears that some of the most musically knowledgeable members regularly view that forum. Realistically, 2-Channel is the de facto home for music posts. I would be concerned if a separate music forum took threads that many members including 2-Channel regulars won't see. That in fact was the case when a recent fine thread on pizzicato was posted in this forum -- and only three members responded! Music threads in 2-Channel draw many more than that.

In sum, I now kind of think the situation overall is not broke enough to fix.

Larry