Anyone familiar with this integrated? Looks interesting.

anarchist

I own a fully modified Cayin TA-30 from Paul at BizzyBee, a wonderful piece no matter where it is manufactured or the cost. It is indeed a Cayin with differant controls. Easy on the Chinese bashing, I believe if you look at the internals of the newer Klipsch lines, you may well find speaker baskets made in China. Anyone going to return your RF-7's? I also own a car made in the US, one made in the US but of Japanese origin, a motorcycle made in Germany, one in Japan, one in Italy, love 'em all. I cannot control the politics in other countries. Even the whole of our country cannot control the politics of other nations, no matter how hard we may try.

----------------

On 6/27/2004 1:22:31 PM Cleve wrote:

Isn't there a basic principle that, if more than one or two people have actually HEARD of a product, it's inherently inferior? LOL

So if these amps are made in China, will Wal-Mart soon be carrying them? Wally-world never met a Chi-com product it didn't like!

----------------

Yes but since only me and chops own one, it still is superior. Actually, I won't dwell on the performance of the amp as it simply is great. Thought to myself today, there is little need for me to swap out the Eico or Consonance for anything else if it is merely a matter of sound.

These amps have a substantial following in Europe and are renowned by many 'audiophiles', not that their opinion means much to me. I doubt Walmart will carry them any time soon.

As far as slave labor, these people have to make a living somehow. Labor rates in the US also used to be slave labor; fortunately we demanded 'fair' labor rates so we no longer earn .50 an hour. Of course, the Indians are now very happy we did so the American companies now choose to employ their labor. What a twisted web we weave. We have to be able to buy cheap Chinese goods because many can no longer afford the 'American' goods. Wait. What do we manufacture anymore that is distinctly American?

Dammit, my BEZ preamp is made in Hong Kong, my AMC (British) CD player in Taiwan, my Nakamichi (Japanese) in the Philippines, and my ProMedia (American) 2.1s in mainland China!

Hell, the majority of all our computer components are also made in the Far East. What isn't? Who cares?

I'm sure that even McIntosh and Audio Research have some Asian components inside their beautiful chassis...that's the way it is today in a global market. You've just got to learn to live with it.

And if my two brothers' Chinese made Consonance and Dared integrated amps are inferior as some here feel they are, then all I've got to say is you've never heard them with quality tubes installed (some new, NOS, used, and yes...Chinese too)! Ask the owners of Antique Sound Lab power amps if they feel their components are junk. Anyway, it just doesn't matter what anyone owns, as long as they're happy with their purchase and it sounds good to their ears. Life's too short to worry about what others own...just leave 'em alone and let 'em enjoy their systems.12.gif

Hi Dean,

It has been implied in a couple different threads by different individuals. Then there is the objection to such components because of piss poor pay scales (according to American standards), unfair trade practices, and 'slave' labor.

It is no big deal, chops and I aren't concerned with impressions about our amps when they haven't been heard by those doing the complaining. (Decided I would speak for you chops, let me know if you are concerned.)

On an audio note, I have been doing more time listening to my amp rather than reading this forum. That is what it is all about right?

On a 'Chinese' note it would be great to talk about global economies, the migration of American jobs overseas, labor practices in other countries, and a bunch of assorted philosphies associated with such realities but it would probably be ruled political and against the rules.

Just to put the economy in perspective, US manufacturing alone would be the third largest ecomony in the world( behind the total US economy and Japan). I have a US system. JuicyMusic pre-amp from California, Wright Sound amps From Washington state, VPI TT from New Jersey and Klipschorns from Hope, Arkansas. I'd stack them up against anything from overseas of a similiar price.1.gif

Rick

Edit: In honesty, aside from vintage amps and speakers, everything else I own is from Japan, Korea or China.

Some of my studio equipment is from China, probably HK. If it were actually made in the U.S. I couldn't have afforded it. My guitars were made in the U.S., but there are beautiful instruments made all over the world. THe better ones still cost some coin.

My brother-in-law works in textiles, selling industrial knitting needles, which happen to be made in Germany. He still thinks we make better fabrics here, but should allow companies to have items made from those fabrics overseas (India, Malaysia, Phillipines, etc.) They DO benefit, and we benefit as well. I'm not sure I totally agree with him, but it IS a world economy. For many products, we can't afford what it would cost to have them totally made here.

Was that too political?

Marvel

----------------

On 6/27/2004 7:10:08 PM 3dzapper wrote:

Just to put the economy in perspective, US manufacturing alone would be the third largest ecomony in the world( behind the total US economy and Japan). I have a US system. JuicyMusic pre-amp from California, Wright Sound amps From Washington state, VPI TT from New Jersey and Klipschorns from Hope, Arkansas. I'd stack them up against anything from overseas of a similiar price.
1.gif

Rick

Edit: In honesty, aside from vintage amps and speakers, everything else I own is from Japan, Korea or China.

----------------

Well, I could say that I would "stack" german and japanese vehicles up against any american vehicle of similar or greater price.

Hey, don't get me wrong...if I could afford it, I'd own nothing but Mcintosh components! But unfortunantly, I can't (not even used anymore), so I have to go elsewhere for audio. It's a shame the world economy and fair trade/labor practices are in the $hitter the way they are today, but I can't just buy all American goods today, and I don't think anyone else can either. Such is life in this global market, and we just have to learn to live with it the best we can, and hope things only get better for future generations.

----------------

On 6/27/2004 4:39:24 PM Anarchist wrote:

----------------

On 6/27/2004 1:22:31 PM Cleve wrote:

Isn't there a basic principle that, if more than one or two people have actually HEARD of a product, it's inherently inferior? LOL

----------------

Yes but since only me and chops own one, it still is superior.

----------------

LOL! Alright, since it's only you and Chops, we can still consider it a L33t product! If anyone else buys one, I'm gonna have to think about downgrading its rating.

2.gif