What center for a pair of Belles for a 2 channel guy?

Why not the obvious, a Heresy? You can buy a nice pair for $400 or less. Sell one to another guy needing a center, or just keep it. How are planning to power the center channel? Nice thing about that is the timbre matching, Heresy uses the same mid driver and tweeter as the Belles. I've seen several references to the center needing to be about six dB down from the mains, this will be handled by the decreased efficiency of the Heresy compared to the Belles. I have a Model H, which is like a very early version of a Heresy, between a pair of Khorns. It took awhile to get used to it, but it's pretty glorious when it's right.

I'm sure others will chime in here, there's plenty of experience with this setup here on the forum.

Heresy sounds good for your centre. I wonder if you buy a pair and use both as the centre. I'm not sure how to wire them together - is it in series or parallel? All I remember from my broadcast days 20 plus years ago is that one or the other wiring method either doubles or halves the load seen by the amplifier.

----------------

On 6/26/2004 12:20:24 AM edwinr wrote:

Heresy sounds good for your centre. I wonder if you buy a pair and use both as the centre. I'm not sure how to wire them together - is it in series or parallel? All I remember from my broadcast days 20 plus years ago is that one or the other wiring method either doubles or halves the load seen by the amplifier.

----------------

DrBill does indeed use two Heresy's as a center for his Klipschorns.