A Klipsch Audio Forum?

The primary reason that I visit/post here less lately is simple. There is too much bandwidth. Too many here are eggar to talk when they have nothing to say. How many threads break down into useless comments that have nothing to do with the topic? How many flames and personal digs does one have to wade through? I wonder why the Klipsch "moderators" don't ban about %30 of the members here?

• Klipsch Employees

We are trying to bring things back to what they were without banning anyone.

It may come to that, but not yet.

I suggest that EVERYONE get up and move away from the computer. Go turn your system on and enjoy some of what we "should" talk about, good music and movies.

Good advice, Trey! I went to a movie just last night! Can't remember the last time I attended a showing of a film on the day it was released. Bought the tix way ahead of time, but got to the theatre just a few minutes before showtime. The five of us had to split up, I sat in the front row with my daughter, which was nice.

Maybe we need some 'group discussions' like a moderator (or senior member) posts a open prompt about something (ex: "Open discussion about surround speaker placement" - and we would all pile in and learn/ask questions. The thread would then be a learning tool for new members) - that would be a good way to occupy some of us.

I have been around here for a while, and there were some really cool posts here a few years back. Lots of setup/install questions, fun stuff like that. The problem is, nothing is happening right now! People are bored and just posting whatever they want to.

We really need a OT forum to clean this place up. That way, the mods would have a easier time housekeeping, as all the 'questionable' posts would (should) be in one place.

I think there are still good post here; even great posts. Acoustics, impedance issues, setup, all still here.

Perhaps, as Trey said, those who have been around so long just need to take a break.

I participate on the Adobe forums, and there are sections where questions are answered ahead of time. A 'look here first!' kind of thing. Of course, there has to be some agreement on the answers, but perhaps some of those basic questions could be listed for newcomers. Leave the debates for other sections.

Marvel

----------------

On 6/26/2004 3:33:54 PM chuckears wrote:

So, fini...

How did you like Fahrenheit 9/11?
11.gif

...taking the spouse and 12-year old daughter tonight or tomorrow night, if the youngster thinks she can handle it...
----------------

Ummmm, I think you are veering a little OT. However:

In the latest Newsweek (NEWSWEEK, not Republican Weekly), they have a half-page article talking about some of the 'convenient' ways Moore bluffed and lied to make the 'documentary' more of a political tool. Not nice stuff. I have talked to some Moore fans, and they were dissapointed, and even a bit shocked by the poor quality of this film compared to his other works. Their opinion and not mine, Moore fans.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 6/26/2004 9:05:32 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

If youd bring out the Jubilee Then we would have some thing constructive to talk about.... In the cinena version what woofers are you useing? Are they industrialized versions?

----------------

The Jubilee has 2 12" pro woofers. Using 4" voice coils, cast baskets and sinual surround...and about a 96oz maganet.

----------------

On 6/25/2004 11:32:54 PM HornPenguin wrote:

The primary reason that I visit/post here less lately is simple. There is too much bandwidth. Too many here are eggar to talk when they have nothing to say. How many threads break down into useless comments that have nothing to do with the topic? How many flames and personal digs does one have to wade through? I wonder why the Klipsch "moderators" don't ban about %30 of the members here?

----------------

And what exactly is the "topic" here in the General Forum?

And what exactly is so painful that you want to shut people up rather than picking and choosing what you read or where and when you visit?

Exactly where is this "Pleasantville" that you live in that is the model for the rest of the world here?

C&S

Actually, I need to know the politics of those I take audio advice from. One thing informs the other, .......just like why there really are hardly any right wingers who can really dig jazz on a deep level. This **** is all inter-related.

Jubilee schmoobilee. I am so happy with my '69 Khors I couldn't think of anything else I would want. How much smoother could the Julibee be? Darn right I'd like to hear!! That's what makes this hobby fun. Always something different out there.

----------------

On 6/25/2004 11:43:56 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I suggest that EVERYONE get up and move away from the computer. Go turn your system on and enjoy some of what we "should" talk about, good music and movies.

----------------

Exactly! Hell, I basically said "F**k this! I am going to the beach. To damn nice to stay inside and deal withh all the bickering here!".

I finally got back, and since I was gone all day yesterday, I had to check my mail today. Lo and behold. Look what finally came in the mail! A CD that I ordered. The Raging Fire by Seventh Key! I am now listening to it in all its beautiful glory on my oh so nice sounding RF-7s and B&K amp. If you were ever a fan of Asia or even Foreigner, this CD is for you! Truly awesome straight-up rocker! 9.gif

You all can bicker about "freedoms" and "politics" and all that other nonsense. I am going to just go and listen to my new CD! I got better things to do with my time then screw around with all this bull$#!+ that I've seen on here lately. 14.gif