How many pair of Cornwalls is enough?

neo33

Mmm, tough question, obviously you do NOT need or can use two Corns for the center channel, so that means just one Corn for the center channel (probably on its dies, under the projection screen) and two for the front mains. Two Cornwall sides would be nice, so would two rears, so that is a total of seven. If you place the mains and rears in the corners of the HT room, then you can place four SVS subwoofer tubes behind each one, which would be a great set-up since the Cornwalls have nice mid and upper bass and only need help with the very lowest frequencies!

2.gif

Neo- CONGRATS! I love my Corns and would love to create an all-Cornwall HT system. Please email my dear friend IndyKlipschFan for info on his ALL CORNWALL system. I believe its three vertical units, laid on their sides (so cabinet and horn is now horizontal) for LCR, and two horizontal Corns for rear cabinets! THey're the BEST! Keep rockin and let me know how the center channel thing works out. I'm still using my RC7 and loving it!

For me it is 2 pairs plus a single for 5 channel audio bliss. If I ever get around to 6.1 or 7.1 then add another pair to that mix. Of course then there is the bedroom so that is another 2 pair and then the guest room so add two there and of course the office so that is a pair.....humm I guess you can never have too many Cornwalls just lack of space 2.gif

Laters,

Jeff

Three Cornwalls accross the front(vertical older Cornwall II's on the sides..now horizontal)... Two Cornwalls in the rear, and Heresies on the side walls.

How does it sound? Trust me, I doubt it is EVER this good at the Theater!! It does matter in DTS Dolby Digital and THX even to have the SAME speakers all around. If the size and looks of older (condition wise) didn't scare most people.. I am sure a LOT more would be doing EXACTLY this set up a lot more. (Mine will be behind a scrim fabric, so who cares about knicks and scratches..)

Now what would be the perfect sub for such a room? 17' x 30' + - pre construction?

Maybe the new Klipsch sub THX system?

Klipsch RSW 15?

Sunfire ?

Feel free to add in here too.

Hmmm...

Somebody please convince me to switch to Khorns (I have never listen to Khorns since I haven't found any to audition). But for now I am building three two-channel systems with all Cornwalls.

I am thinking (just thinking) of building a HT system using all Cornwalls and high-power SET amps.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I got the said vertical Cornwalls for $650. The cabinets and the drivers are all in excellent shape. A great price or what. 10.gif.

Neo... What a fantastic system!! Everything fits in just right and great equipment too. Congrats!!

P.S. For every one else on the board that never has a chance to... Hook up a older vertical Cornwall II on its side, now horizontal, as your center channel. INCREDIBLE, is an under staement!!

650 is a great deal too!!

Yup,

You can add me to the list that agrees with using the older verts in the horizontal position. I've always done that where it was appropriate in the various homes and rooms I've used them in over the years. An excellent way to use the vert corns.

I have never used a corn for dedicated center channel, but I'm moving in that direction once I get my LK-72 back from Craig.

I have two pair, a pair of '62 Vertical Cornwall II's and a pair of '86 Cornwall II's. They handle rear/rear effects duties. They are both in a horizontal configuration. I am looking into acquiring a pair of '68 Vertical Cornwall II's and will be selling the '86's as soon as I do. I just don't have room for three pair and I have Khorns for Mains and a La Scala center. Anyone want a pair of 86 Cornwall II's in the near future?

Guest Anonymous

Conggrats Neo, I still have my 3 pair, but am only using 5 of them, 1 is loney in the closet15.gif When I get the new house it will come out and play, and I will have to get at least 1 more. My SVS B4-Plus/Crown K2 is plenty enough backup bass16.gif9.gif

"You still have Fortes in your sig."

I wouldn't dare touch the sig. 1.gif.

How do you feel they compare to the Cornwalls?

IMO, the Corn Is are better in every which way except for the bass. There seems to be more dynamics and coherency in the music on the Corns. Though the bass, still tight and forceful, is lacking a bit of synergy. I have not listen much to my Corn II verts so I don't know how they compare yet.

Well, I always say you can never have enough Cornwalls...congrats, Neo. Myself, I doubt I'll get into home theatre anytime soon, so my original pair of Cornwalls will do just nicely for my simple stereo rig.