Chorus and Forte Alert.......

myram

http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1254859259

That is some serious speakers for only $1000, and they look in great shape too. Someone in the Southwest should jump on them at that price.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video and Component Cables

Yeah, I'd say $1400 would be as high as I would pay for them...but if no one else bids on them you could get them for $1000 since there is no reserve price.

Forte's go for approx. - $400-600

Chorus's go for approx. - $600-800

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Music System:

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Sitting here feeling pretty blessed - I just snagged 'em as the lone bidder for $1,000 - 2 Chorus and 2 Forte. A 4-pack, I guess!

cwm17.gif Myram, I owe you a favor for bringing this to my attention. If you're ever looking for anything, let me know and I'll keep my eyes out.

Now, let's hope the seller follows through. Feedback looks good. Maybe a road trip to Tucson this weekend!

Doug

Congrats Doug,

I was waiting and watching too, as 4 Chorus I's with Forte front and rear center channels would have made my life just that much better. My wife however would have given me the sad face if I had brought any more speakers into the house before she got a new car. You are going to LOVE those Chorus I's!!!

Great price too. Shipping from AZ was the only thing that kept me from bidding. At least someone from the board got the score......

Whatcha gonna do with the Chorus? I know you have been looking for a center forte, but that gives you 3 speakers too many. I just might know somebody who could help you out with your newfound bounty..hehe

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch Heresy I Surrounds

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Good Job Doug!!!!!!!!

I hope everything works out for you with the transaction.

About the only things I would be looking for in the future is an Acadamy center, and maybe either KG1s or a pair of RS3s for my surrounds. So if you happen across any of those for a good deal.....let me know.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Music System:

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Hey Doug....

After looking at the picture again......are those Forte's or Quartet's? The woofer on the smaller speaker looks smaller then a 12" woofer compared to the huge 15" woofer of the Chorus's. Just something that caught my attention......hopefully it will turn out to not be true.

Talk to you later on......

Steve

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Music System:

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Speed - Ah, the vultures are already circling!! Smile.gif

Actually, I am uncertain how this will all work out. I am definitely going to give the Chorus a serious audition, having never had time to do that in my house before. After that, who knows?

I presently have Forte Is and a KV-3 across the front. No room for anything but WDST-type rears. So, as I see it, my choices for the front array are (given the current inventory):

Chorus with KV-3 Center

Chorus with Forte Center

All Forte's Across The Front

Naturally, I'll try them all to see what works best. (Anyone have any ideas what will sound best?) Then, I guess I'll sell the leftovers.

Myram - If I don't end up with a Forte center, I'll be looking also for an Academy. If you find a good 2 for 1 deal, let me know (hah hah)! Thanks for the heads up on the Quarter question. Looking at the relative sizes, though, I think they are Forte's, as promised. (Although I'll be sure to look at the binding post cup to be sure.) The Chorus is 4" taller than the Forte's and that looks about right. Also, proportionately, the woofer looks about 3" bigger than the Forte. But, yeah, those 15 inchers sure look big in comparison!

Talked to the seller and it looks like a roadtrip to Tucson Friday evening. All should be resting comfortably in my house by midnight. Should I wake the neighbors?

Doug

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 07-19-2001 at 07:36 PM

Doug,

I have to believe that the Chorus/Forte front array would be breathtaking to say the least. The three Fortes would have to be almost ideal as well, but that leaves a Chorus/Forte setup sitting by itself somewhere. I have to believe you will want to remove the KV-3....boy I sure am glad I don't have to make those decisions.

°°°meanwhile, somewhere in Indiana, Speed secretly wishes he was Doug°°°

I am in the process of trading my C7 for an Academy if things work out. He has Legends, I have Chorus....works out for everybody. If you end up with a spare speaker or two let the vultures know Smile.gif

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch Heresy I Surrounds

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Hey Doug...When you get those Chorus's running, let us know what you think. Show those neighbors who's boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I love 'em!!!!!!

Looks like you got a fine deal there!!!

Take care

Mike (The Yamaha Underdog Dude)

This message has been edited by Mikekid on 07-19-2001 at 09:08 PM

Yeah Doug......

I agree with you.....those are Forte's. I went back and looked up the sizes of the 2 speakers and they look right. Those 15" are huge......definitely use the Chorus mains with a Forte center....don't let those 15" monsters go to waste.

If you find an Acadamy, send me a PM or email.

Talk to you later.....

Steve

Hey Doug, let me know when you light them off. I will give you a sound check from Tempe, which may be as close as your neighbors will want to be.

------------------

Jim

SF-2 Mains

SF-1 Center (pair)

RS-3 Surrounds

RC-3 Rear Center

KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever

Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player

Toshiba SD-1200 DVD

Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Well, Jim, funny you should ask. If I end up using the Chorus as my mains, with a Forte center, I'll have 3 Forte's left over (counting the pair I already have). So, I'll have a second "wall o' sound." Hmmm, what to do with it...If I had room, they'd be my rear array (HornEd, you inspire me). But since I don't, I'll probably just have to sell 'em at a garage sale for oh, say, $50? (NOT!)

Doug

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 07-20-2001 at 01:39 PM

Doug, at least for one time, wire up those Fortes in a rear array and enjoy your favorite DVD. With four Fortes in the set, I think you will be inspired if only for a little while.

It will be like the time when I was nine years old and they removed the bandages from my eyes... I saw two nurses at the end of the bed... that slowly came together as one three-dimentional nurse. It was strictly WOW for about ten seconds... and then my feeble brain, out of habit, chose to again reject the signal from one eye and the world was forever flat again. And now, many decades later that wonderful ten seconds is still fresh in my mind. That's the kind of memorable experience that awaits you upon your return from Tuscon!

So, when are you going to get all that stuff out of your garage and turn it into a Forte-fied HT? cwm4.gif HornEd

Thanks, all, for you encouraging words and enthusiasm!! It all helped to make this a fun acquisition. All (speakers, spouse, and I) returned safely home about midnight Friday night from the excursion to Tucson to pick them up. They all look very nice, and do those Chorus's ROMP! I haven't had much time to play with things yet, due to quid pro quo on the wife's to-do list. Just replaced the Fortes with the Choruses in the HT room, and cranked some tunes waaay up. Clean, full, open! Haven't checked a movie on them yet.

I'll let those of you who have expressed interest in the cast-offs know what I decide to do with them as soon as I know myself. I have an Academy on the way here for evaluation as a center against the Forte center idea. Stay tuned.

D