False corners screwed into K horns?

If you've never seen Dean's garage before, let me tell you that if he managed to turn it into a clean room, that that was one amazing effort in itself 1.gif

Dean, I can't really visualize that well what you've done, so I'm looking forward to the photos.

Dean,

You're obviously a very brave dude doing that stuff to your Klipschorns. I'm trying to viualise your strategy, but one photo has got to be worth a couple of hundred words. I can hardly wait. 3.gif

BTW, did you cry when you drilled into the Klipschorn's?

I used this stuff just about everywhere I could. It's a cloth/rubber type material used for under hardwood floors. Awesome stuff. In some places you can stilll see it sticking out. When I'm completely finished I will go back over everything with an exacto knife and trim it down.

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=32743&

post-3205-13819256310966_thumb.jpg

One of the places I put it was between the top hat and the bass bin. It feels thick and a little tacky between your fingers, but is somewhat compressable as you can see. The piece was cut to the same size as the top of the bass bin.

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=32744&

post-3205-13819256311536_thumb.jpg

I started on the 2nd Klipschorn this morning. Here is a pic of the first step.

3M Sandblaster 220 is the best sandpaper I have used to date. Just keep going until you get to the veneer. Get as much of the paint off as possible. Paint Thinner on a clean rag and wipe when you're done.

Tribond, clamps, and a clean damp rag to clean up the excess glue.

download.asp?mode=download&fileID=32754&

That hole is pesky. The block has to be modified so it doesn't cover the hole up. It would be nice if we could get the wiring from the drivers back through the hole. :)

post-3205-13819256312776_thumb.jpg