Anyone have RF-5s available?

D-Rex

I took my wife to listen to the Klipsch Reference series and my plans got shot down fast. I had planned to purchase the RF-35s but, instead, my wife preferred the RF-5s. Who would've known? Anyway, I am now looking fo rthe best price on some RF-5s that I can find, so far that is $535 each, including shipping. I probably won't have the funds to buy these within the next two months so, if you find any deals plase post to the forum as I will be visiting here daily.

Thanks,

D-Rex

A small chain in the midwest, Ovation, was recently selling RF-5s for "Buy One, Get One Free". That came to $750 for the pair. Try to negotiate with your local dealer. I'm guessing that the middle level RF-5 probably has the lower sales total. Most people probably can only afford the entry level or want the top level.

That's a nice thoughts but the only local chain that carries them here that I have seen is Ultimate Electronics. I will give them a chance to match because I would like to buy locally but I am not holding my breath.

We must not have Ovation stores here in Oklahoma. However, if they were in a surrounding state it would be worth the $300 in savings to just make a trip of it if it were within a day's driving distance. Being in Stillwater, OK, I am closer to KS/MO/ARK than any of the other states but I will look into it.

Thanks,

D

If you want a pair of speakers that will knock the socks off the RF-5's, my brother in law (Gilbert) lives in Broken Arrow, OK and will sell you a near mint pair of '89 or '90 (I forget) Oak Oil Cornwall II's in that same price range and you could drive to pick them up, no shipping. They are wider but the sound will also be much bigger. He is selling them because he has 3 pair of Cornwalls and needs to thin the herd.

I think that he is still selling them. I think you can search on member names, if not let me know and I can get you his email address and maybe you guys can work something out. You won't be disappointed with the Cornwalls that is for sure. If you thought the RF-5's sounded good you are in for a real treat!

----------------

On 7/12/2004 2:50:24 PM gcoker wrote:

D-Rex..I also am in Tulsa. There are three Authorized dealers

in Tulsa..Ultimate, Audio Advice and Video Revolution.

----------------

The Klipsch website said there were only three aurthorized sellers in Oklahoma, the two Ultimate Electronics and one unknown in Edmond. Do you know where Audio Advice and Video Revolution are located?

Thanks,

D

----------------

On 7/12/2004 2:02:21 PM Frzninvt wrote:

If you want a pair of speakers that will knock the socks off the RF-5's, my brother in law (Gilbert) lives in Broken Arrow, OK and will sell you a near mint pair of '89 or '90 (I forget) Oak Oil Cornwall II's in that same price range and you could drive to pick them up, no shipping. They are wider but the sound will also be much bigger. He is selling them because he has 3 pair of Cornwalls and needs to thin the herd.

I think that he is still selling them. I think you can search on member names, if not let me know and I can get you his email address and maybe you guys can work something out. You won't be disappointed with the Cornwalls that is for sure. If you thought the RF-5's sounded good you are in for a real treat!

----------------

That is an interesting proposal but I am already in deep water for straying off the plan my wife and I formulated. I will keep this in mind though because these Cornwallis speakers seem to be very popular and, undoubtedly sound great.

----------------

On 7/12/2004 3:31:14 PM gcoker wrote:

D-Rex just checked reference dealers and both Audio Advice

and Video Revolution are listed. Audio Avdice is 31st and Mingo.

----------------

Found them, I had to put in a Tulsa zip instead of a Stillwater zip for them to come up...

Thanks, I will check them out but I doubt we in Tulsa will be getting any 40-60% discounts!

----------------

On 7/14/2004 10:39:52 AM gcoker wrote:

No not 40-60% but you should be able to get 25%. Every little bit helps.

----------------

Do you think one can walk into Ultimate Electronics and leave with RF-5's at a 25% discount or do you think I woudl just have to wait and watch for a sale... Is it like the "sticker price" on a car?

• 7 months later...

I might be able to hook you up on mine...i'm thinking about getting the rf-7's because i work at ovation...and i could sell you mine for like 1000 and shipping would be like 60, or and i work at ovation which is the only reason i'm upgrading...and no i am not getting a great deal because i bought those for close to retail before I began working there

----------------

On 3/7/2005 8:56:09 PM rjahr01 wrote:

I might be able to hook you up on mine...i'm thinking about getting the rf-7's because i work at ovation...and i could sell you mine for like 1000 and shipping would be like 60, or and i work at ovation which is the only reason i'm upgrading...and no i am not getting a great deal because i bought those for close to retail before I began working there

----------------

Thanks for the offer but I just let a pair of RF-5s go (meaning I didn't buy them) on EBAY for $750 and that included shipping. I am just sitting tight maybe waiting for a little more cash and a pair of RF-7s to fall in my lap.

Thanks,

D