The Latest Cure CD

HornPenguin

I just listened to the latest CD from the Cure. It's a self titled release. The lack of name is a clue to the lack of direction and relevance of the music itself. What makes this album even more disappointing is that it follows Bloodflowers, released in 2000 and considered one of the best Cure CD's from their collection of great and exceptional releases. If the Cure album disctography was sex, then Bloodfowers was the climax. The swirling, surreal, trip into Robert Smiths head is mostly gone on this album. In Bloodflowers Smith sang of the end of his career with such desperation and intensity and in the process conveyed his inner soul as well or better than ever before. The result was a pinical the bands career. I can't figure out the purpose of this latest release other than to prime the upcoming concert. Disappointing.

I really like the new cure album. I think it is superior to Bloodflowers so far, it really seems more closely aligned with older cure stuff, no complaints here.

Give a few more listens before you make up your mind! Anyone else going to any cure shows this tour? I have tickets to the Merriweather Pavillion in the DC area so far...