RF-35 Black or Cherry?

schwock5

I've gotta say when they use REAL wood, Klipsch is second to none in selection and application of wood veneers. I've got the last set of natural MAPLE RS3II's my local Ovation Audio dealer had. Didn't even have a plan for what room to put em in, just that dey were bootiful! Same with real cherry veneers.

If they are reference, they should be furniture- grade, no execeptions unless you prefer black for modern/ht look. IMO

I wish klipsch offered other woods and stains. I would kill for a redish finish and I love the maple, but its not offered on every speaker. The black is OK as a default, but i think a black lacquer would be much nicer.

But if its between black and cherry. Just go to the store and you will see that the cherry looks 10 times better no matter how much black matches other stuff. Plus you will have to dust the black speakers ever 5 hours.

Lots of great info on this one, but for what its worth to you here is my 2 pennies: Go With Cherry. I have black 3's and if i can find someone to take them off my hands for a price that doesn't kill me i would upgrade to 7's and purchase cherry finish.