BOSE=BLOSE-

Scp53

----------------

On 7/15/2004 8:36:21 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 7/15/2004 1:17:55 PM damonrpayne wrote:

If you go into any authorized Bose retailer, you'll notice they are off in their own area. They are required to NOT place the Bose speakers anywhere where they could be immediately compared to another speaker. I wonder why they wouldn't allow direct comparisons...

----------------

What is funny is that the local Best Buy has the Bose display setup
right next to the Klipsch Synergy!
. Thus it is extremely easy to make direct comparisons, and the differences is so stunningly obvious! Anybody that has falf-decent hearing could easily hear how much clearer and dynamic the Klipsch were there. What is even funnier is that every one of the sales staff I talked to said they much prefer the Klipsch over the Bose (as well as just about every other brand of speaker they got in that place).

----------------

Actually in walnut creak (east bay area, CA) There is a bang and olufsen store right across the street from the blose store. Its just funny!

I got into both stores with my klipsch tshirt on, its great. actually, the b and o stuff might be pricey, but at least they have quality components. Its more for show still, but the bose is neither. My pm 4.1's sound better than the lifestlye systems.

Another factor that you must understand. Some people don't want big speakers. Sure someone might say, ya these lil bose are more money because it costs more to make this lil speaker sound like this big one, but hey, im willing to pay that cuz these lil speakers are so cool!

Of course thats wrong, but what im trying to say is i wish best buy would stock the lower end klipsch reference stuff. Even over the synergy stuff. Its more of the "hip" thing now. To have microspeakers. And for the money the rsx's are dynamite! Pair em with a good receiver and sub and put em right next to the bose on full blast. You dont even hear the bose.

----------------

On 7/15/2004 1:14:00 PM D-MAN wrote:

Fish,

I can't see a reason to not publish the specs anyway, whether or not someone can make heads or tails out of them.

Seems to me a serious speaker manufacturer should be capable of providing the specs when they are asked for.

My point exactly,Bose is not a "serious speaker"manufacturer,just a serious money maker.

----------------

On 7/16/2004 3:07:18 AM 007 wrote:

Actually in walnut creak (east bay area, CA) There is a bang and olufsen store right across the street from the blose store. Its just funny!

I got into both stores with my klipsch tshirt on, its great. actually, the b and o stuff might be pricey, but at least they have quality components. Its more for show still, but the bose is neither. My pm 4.1's sound better than the lifestlye systems.

----------------

Yeah, that B&O stuff is pretty darn expensive, but like you said, at least the stuff does perform. Also, I'll admit, that one CD changer they have is pretty darn cool. I'd like to get myself one, but geez, for the asking price? I'll pass, despite the coolnes of it.

But Bose, yeah, I'll admit, it does allow for some pretty sleek and clean installations, but for the asking price, it would be nice if the stuff performed. In the past, I can understand the argument for producing something that small that can put out that kind of sound, but now, it is just paying for the name.

I've heard the new RSX-3's that are just coming out, and those speakers are really not much bigger than the Bose dual-cube speakers. But wow, those little RSX-3's can friggan perform, and a complete 5.1 "Cinema 6 (with, if I recall, an RW-8 sub)" set is only about $950 or so, compared to what? About $1,200 for a Bose AcousticMess 15 set? Add in a decent $500 reciever, and perhaps $100 for a decent DVD player ($200 if you want a "universal" player, such as that Samsung HD-841 player), and you got one dynamite system that is both small and sounds good, for less than $1,600, compared to nearly $2,800 for a Bose Lifestyle 35 setup. And the sound quality of the Klipsch will completely blow away the Bose!

If not at least stock the lower end Reference in Best Buy, at least expand and improve on the Quintets, which, as they are, are still a superior sounding speaker than any of the Bose setups, and they are not much larger than the Bose dual-cube speakers either.

I just want to say something else that Bose has a twist on. I went and found there testomnials- all "4"(wow- 4- , thats a lot) are on the wave radio/cd alarm clock. probably the only thing that they make decent- but still crappy. why wouldn't they post lifestyle reviews...hmm...oh...I remember no one wrote a F*%@ing reveiw for it because it F@!*ING SUCKS!!

I read a lot of that review of taking apart the lifestyle system- pretty shocking. Those Blose people should feel ashamed of themselves - 15.gif11.gif8.gif ripping people off and taking home the money(I don't think they even listen to there own systems- probably buy something else.)

Before we totally debunk Bose. We should acknowledge some of the good things they've done. Yes, the Wave radio is one, expensive but still good sound. The other product is the ground breaking Bose 901 loudspeaker. Not bad sounding although certainly very colorful in tone. This speaker is still in production.

YESSS...another bowling with cubes tournament....I'M IN....wow, must be 2 yrs since the last one....great beer garden by the way...10.gif

Bose does nothing but BS people, quite obviously you've been had.....6.gif

can I offer you a cold 1 while you await your turn to bowl....2.gif

This is standard procedure for Boze. Do you think they want to put on paper how bad their speakers really are?

That is exactly what I told them after they refused to give me any specs several years ago. They didn't even have anything to say to me after that, they just hung up. I was even asking almost the exact same question as you concerning the bass cut off for using a sub.

I have also pi$$ed off a car dealer because of Blose. I wanted to get one of their vehicles but didn't want to pay for the standard audio system which had Blose speakers. I asked him why I should pay for something I was going to have to rip out and replace. I was asked to please leave the lot.11.gif