Favorite Blueberry line stage tube?

radiob

I wanted to pick up some 6dj8 tubes for my new blueberry to try,stock is Ei 6dj8eg elites, what have you all tried? Do not need tubes for phono, only line stage Thanks, Rob also what is the difference between NOS, Mullard- England, Small "O" Getter and NOS, Mullard- England, Large "O" Getter? Any difference between 6922,ECC88,6DJ8 ? Picken tubes for this baby could be exspensive, but I do want the right tubes to try regardless of price.

3.gif

Ok, went and studied up some. Im going to try the Cca`s or the E188CC , only problem is I can only buy pairs, anyone interested in splitting a pair?, Ill cover the cost, ship other to ya, and send me a check, or whatever we can figure out. Rob

I'm running some bugle boy 6DJ8's of some sort and I'm liking them very much just spent about 8 hours rebuilding a amp and rocking away ! Loved every minute of it. I will try to check and see which ones I have in there at the moment.

Craig

I'm quite fond of the Amperex/Phillips "A-frame" made in Holland. I have listened to several of them in the BB along with the Bugle Boys and Mullards. A good tube of this architecture makes tha Blueberry vanish. Yet the sound is sooo much finer than with the input straight into the amp. It is like a teleporter that brings you right to the performance.

Rick

My favorite, by far, to date is the Siemens CCa. Probably the most expensive also. I know there are different CCa's out there so be careful. Guy Landau would be able to tell you what differentiates the one I got from him vs others. He's on vacation right now but maybe he'll log on and read this. I've tried 3 or 4 different 6DJ8s in mine and don't think I'll ever take this one out. It just does everything better than the others I've tried.

Hey radioB, I have an abundance of Bugle Boys if you would like to buy one. I think I have 5. I am currently using a CCa in my BB so if you are interested C could sell you one cheap. I just had my ST-70 changed over to a Curio board so I needed three 6DJ8's and went overboard.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 7/17/2004 2:02:06 AM tillmbil wrote:

Dave, shoot me a PM with your address. I owe Gary a 12AX7 as soon as I get off my arse and send it, I could add this to the trip.

----------------

Bill did get off his arse and sent me the telefunken 12AX7 I've been waiting for (thanks Bill!). Tonight I replaced a NOS Amperex (Holland) and so far like the tele better, much better. It may be in my head as tube swapping sometimes is but I definitely am hearing deeper, more defined bass on the khorns. I'll post more after I've spent more time listening and swap back to the Mullard. Right now my Blueberry tubes include:

12AT7s - GECs (CV somethings)

12AX7 - Telefunken (ECC something)

6DJ8 - Siemans CCa

Unfortunately I'm not a walking tube conversion encyclopedia like many of you but I'm sure you all know what I'm describing. Still sounds phenominal!3.gif