KG 4.2 Water Damage

fredzy

Fredzy, If you decide to go with new speakers would you consider selling the components, minus the cabinets? If so, how much? Been looking for KG 4.2 guts to mate with my lonely 15" woofers and cabinents. My KG 4.2's sit on a five inch tall box pedastals bolted to a 10" diameter Lazy Susan. Easy rotation.

Well I hooked up the KG's this weekend and they seek OK. So no, I guess I won't be selling the guts. I note that the speakers seem to be made from two layers of wood: an outer (damaged) veneer and inner (intact) section. They still don't hold pressure for 15 seconds, but the passive radiator and woofer move in unison and seem to sound fine.

STL I would still be interested in your easy idea to bypass the probem entirely and to get them sounding as good as new.

Thank one and all for your suggestions.

CG

One option would be to have new cabinets built by a cabinet shop with the same internal dimentions, and have them veneered or painted to your liking. Of course, you could also leave them like they are, if you are not worried about cosmetics. Yet another option is to part them out and buy new speakers.