KLIPSCH RP-5 vs. ????

classybum

I did listen to all the Klipsch speakers at my local dealer (had all but the Heritage line)between the RF's, RP's, and so on and found that IMO the KLF's produced the best musical soundstage between them all. I know this is the Home Theater section, but home theater isn't just dialogue. There is plenty of music to be had. And if you do listen to music dvd's, ie. Steely Dan, Talking Heads, Clapton, Vaughn, etc., it is just like being at the concert. Got my KLF30's for $1350 a pair, my C7 for $450, and haven't regretted it yet. Do not overlook the KLF's in your speaker hunt.

Sorry Forrest but I was addressing his needs. He clearly asked in the next to last sentence in the opening statement whether KLF30's will run on his Techniques receiver. My answer to him was for him not to discount the KLF's for a "home theater speaker". I didn't think price was a giant issue and if you play your local authorized dealer right, KLF's can be had quite resonably. Here in my area the 30's were out the door for $1350, the 20's for $1050, and the 10's for $750. Now that would be including tax. Not to bad. The C7 is $450 out the door. All you really have to do is get a couple of ads from the internet from reputable dealers with prices and tell them I would rather buy them from my local dealer than mail order, and they will try to match the price as best they can. An example of this is my last purchase. I showed them (Sound Advice) that the C7 sold for $400 on the internet and shipping was $35. They couldn't match $435 but would sell it to me for $450 tax included. I grabbed it up. I didn't mind the extra $15 for dealing with someone face to face. Well, I think I rambled on long enough.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man. I'm glad to see more feedback on the topic.. but I suppose I'm just going to have to go find a dealer to audition stuff myself. But i'm kinda thinking i'll just go with the rf-3s, cause recently i've become mad obsessed with building my own subs.. and this way it'll be cheaper and i can get exactly what i want. but thanks for all the suggestions!!

again i haven't heard the rb but i think for u cb the rf are the slam dunk between the 2 unless u don't have the space & u want the better looking wood finish. being towers & having 2 woofs the rf produce deeper (by 10hz) & louder bass. in fact they're louder all together w/ 98 vs 96db efficiency. & actually the design allows so the woofs don't

carry the exact same ranges - the lower woofer takes on the lowest bass easing the burden on the other to produce more of the lively midrange.

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 speak wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Bum,

I have the RP-5's and think they are amazing. I also have the RC-3 and the RS-3's. Driving them with a B&K AVR305. If you go with the RP-5's make sure you tie the LFE output of your amp to the LFE inputs on your speakers. The real test is to go listen to the speakers before you buy. And don't use crappy interconnects.

stoner