Hurricane Charlie

radiob

Well they evacuated the schools here in Boca Grande, evacuated Sanibel Island. Well be next. Boca Grande is a finger that sticks out in the gulf, a 3/4 mile wide by 8 mile long Island located in Charolotte county. We are dead center in Charlies path. Most of our houses are very well built and have hurricane shutters. I do not have flood insurance so I hope that PWK built his products able to float. 8.gif

Here is St. Pete schools will be closed tomorrow, maybe work too. I work over at the VA in Bay Pines which is right on the water, and we are in disaster preparedness mode right now. If it comes here, I hope it takes out my roof. My homeowners insurance dropped me after 8 years and zero claims because they're pulling out of the coastal communities. Might as well give them a claim before they drop me.

Best of luck! Here in California, folks bolt bookcases and amoires to the wall in preparation for the next big earthquake. Other than boarding-up the windows, what preps are taken to protect property from a hurricane? Can you raise stuff up, hopefully out of water's way? I could see hooks in the ceiling (or punched holes for access to wrapping ropes around ceiling joists), and a few hammocks being quite useful...

Wish you luck, pal! I can't get flood insurance for my basement either. Here in Southeast-lower Michigan, basements tend to flood rather often in some places. Luckily, the Lord has been with us thus far. I pray that he is with you this week! 12.gif Hang in there!

Well I can't believe the DIYers on the site haven't developed a flotation system for your klipsch. Since you live in Florida I will assume you have some flotation devices for going to the beach why not retrofit all of these to your klipsch in case off rising water! Also I would put some of those but bumpers on the side of your klipsch to keep them from getting scratched from floating around. Talk about a floating sound stage 12.gif

----------------

On 8/12/2004 8:26:22 AM radiob wrote:

9:25am Raining VERY HARD already. It rains hard for 5 minutes, then stops competely, then starts hard again. Weird for my area.

----------------

Yea thats the type of rain that you get when the bands start rolling in from the storm. Orlando has not seen any of this yet. Right now its just cloudy and overcast. no rain. If anyone has to evacuate I've got a spare room, bring your favorate CD's and Vinyl.

the company I work for still have not decided what they are going to do yet.

----------------

On 8/12/2004 9:01:03 AM JohnWhite wrote:

----------------

On 8/12/2004 8:26:22 AM radiob wrote:

9:25am Raining VERY HARD already. It rains hard for 5 minutes, then stops competely, then starts hard again. Weird for my area.

----------------

Yea thats the type of rain that you get when the bands start rolling in from the storm. Orlando has not seen any of this yet. Right now its just cloudy and overcast. no rain. If anyone has to evacuate I've got a spare room, bring your favorate CD's and Vinyl.

the company I work for still have not decided what they are going to do yet.

----------------

No rain in Orlando? My brothers are in Lake Buena Vista with their familes.