Klipsch Speakers You Currently Own or Owned and Usage

neo33

Had: 1978 La Scala, 1979 Khorns, RC-64, and my first ever Klipsch, the RW-12d sub

Have: RF-83, RC-64 III, RS-62.

Want: Any deals that come along

Significant Other:  Currently have DIYsoundgroup: Umax 15 sub pair w/Inuke 3000dsp, Dayton Audio Reference 15 sub.  Overnight Sensations, Cheap Thrill, Fusion 10 Pure.  Usher MTM 7" woof dome tweeter center.  MBM Mid-bass module pair, Titans 615 XL pair.

Magnapan MG-1 (sold). 

You guys haven't seen this 5.2 Home Theater.  I set it up earlier this week.  That's a 65" Vizio sitting over top the RC-64 III.  It looks like a toy next to all those large speakers.  Lto R top to bottom:  MBM 15, then the top hat for the Titan 615 LX.  Bottom Umax 15 then the 15" woofer module for the Titans.  Center is Marantz 6011 beside an Emotiva XPA-5.  Not pictured is RS-62.

IMG_0071_small.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Had: 1978 La Scala, 1979 Khorns, RC-64, and my first ever Klipsch, the RW-12d sub

Have: RF-83, RC-64 III, RS-62.

Want: Any deals that come along

Significant Other:  Currently have DIYsoundgroup: Umax 15 sub pair w/Inuke 3000dsp, Dayton Audio Reference 15 sub.  Overnight Sensations, Cheap Thrill, Fusion 10 Pure.  Usher MTM 7" woof dome tweeter center.  MBM Mid-bass module pair, Titans 615 XL pair.

Magnapan MG-1 (sold). 

You guys haven't seen this 5.2 Home Theater.  I set it up earlier this week.  That's a 65" Vizio sitting over top the RC-64 III.  It looks like a toy next to all those large speakers.  Lto R top to bottom:  MBM 15, then the top hat for the Titan 615 LX.  Bottom Umax 15 then the 15" woofer module for the Titans.  Center is Marantz 6011 beside an Emotiva XPA-5.  Not pictured is RS-62.

IMG_0071_small.jpg

What happened to your Epic 4's?

• Like 1

Just for fun, here's my desktop in a newer photo, showing some of the collection:

KP-3002's as the main R-L (the monitor is a 55" Sony Bravia, to give you a sense of scale).

KPT-100-'s center channel on the shelf above.

R-14M's waiting to be deployed.

KG4's on their side top right and left.

Just outside the shot are the Super Heresy doing right / left surround.

In the back are two KP-1000's (modded into 2 way full range) doing right / left rear channel duties.

Oh yeah, a 12" Polk sub (I have an 8" Klipsch, but it just doesn't stand up to the rest of the setup!  I wish they would put out a decently priced 12" Heritage sub, with a 15" as the upgrade...)

Desktop.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, Oicu812 said:

What happened to your Epic 4's?

They are in the Man Cave. They currently out of the rotation so I can test the RP-600M's with a mini-amp and 10" sub.  They aren't the CF-4's but they are sounding real sweet for a near field 2.1 setup.

The picture with the DIY speakers is new to me.  I moved the TV and RC-64 III from the upstairs living room into the basement because my wife hates big speakers where there should be furniture.  Then I kept throwing speakers at the downstairs setup until I got happy. 

I don't know if I'm totally happy but I'm getting there.  :cool:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

They are in the Man Cave. They currently out of the rotation so I can test the RP-600M's with a mini-amp and 10" sub.  They aren't the CF-4's but they are sounding real sweet for a near field 2.1 setup.

The picture with the DIY speakers is new to me.  I moved the TV and RC-64 III from the upstairs living room into the basement because my wife hates big speakers where there should be furniture.  Then I kept throwing speakers at the downstairs setup until I got happy. 

I don't know if I'm totally happy but I'm getting there.  :cool:

I hear ya there.  That pic I posted earlier is my near-field 7.1 with almost all Pro models.  They can convert eardrums into a thick liquid.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I hear ya there.  That pic I posted earlier is my near-field 7.1 with nearly all Pro models. 

They can convert eardrums into a thick liquid.

I HEAR YOU TOO!!!  🤣

I was studying your setup.  Really nice!  With pro speakers nearfield in a 7.1 you don't just hear the music, you are the music.  Sound just comes from everywhere, and nowhere.  It's like taking a sonic bath.  👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I HEAR YOU TOO!!!  🤣

I was studying your setup.  Really nice!  With pro speakers nearfield in a 7.1 you don't just hear the music, you are the music.  Sound just comes from everywhere, and nowhere.  It's like taking a sonic bath.  👍

Too true.  The surround receiver has an easy setup to send each side of a stereo input to all speakers on that side.  Simply incredible sound.

• Like 1

Listening to Van Halen currently, "Finish What Ya Started". 

Talk about a CLEAN recording!  You should check it out... 

The R-14M's just got deployed.  I bought a small Pyle "80 watt" amp (Actually 40W per 2 channels) from the Amazon Warehouse for $28, and I wanted it to drive the sound from a vintage gaming PC from 1998.  This amp was surprising to me, it drives those little Klipsches really well.  I have the volume turned almost all the way down, and they are plenty loud and clear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P2VV50/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@wvu80

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

* Currently owned model/s

(Total owned units) Model

(2) Academy

*(10) Chorus II

(5) Forte II

(2) Quartet

(2) CF-4

*(6) KG 5.5

(2) KG 5.2