Klipsch Speakers You Currently Own or Owned and Usage

neo33

10 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice, what are the speakers in front of the Heresys?

Thanks @Ceptorman,

These are DIY ones, 22L neat volume, low tuning damped Bass-Reflex, using vintage 1" PHILIPS tweeters (AD01631T8), "Teng-Hong" wide band 3" as midranges, Monacor 7" SPH-170 woofers, 715Hz/6KHz/12dB-oct. crossover, with variable L-pads on TW and MR :

Qn5mKb-P1100714.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, Ceptorman said:

Get them yet?

Ceptor, figured I'd give some ear time before I replied. I've had them for a month now, playing through a Decware SE84UFO tube amp.. sounds glorious! I haven't owned a pair of large 3 ways since the 70's so this quite a treat for me. About midway through the 60 day Crutchfield trial but I highly doubt they won't leave the house! Thanks for your interest.

4 hours ago, bob29r said:

Ceptor, figured I'd give some ear time before I replied. I've had them for a month now, playing through a Decware SE84UFO tube amp.. sounds glorious! I haven't owned a pair of large 3 ways since the 70's so this quite a treat for me. About midway through the 60 day Crutchfield trial but I highly doubt they won't leave the house! Thanks for your interest.

Excellent, glad they're staying with you.

Khorns are easily my favorite (at least until I get to hear Jubilees).  Other than that I like the Chorus when I want to crank it up and the CWs for more laid back music.  Well if I keep going I'll name all of them.  Most of the time my favorite is the one I'm listening to...

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd update on my chosen obsession.  My son (Millennial generation) just laughs at me and says I need real help.

Its only taken 7 years and several thousands of miles travel time & $$$ to acquire. 

KG-1  (Oiled Oak 2 pairs)

KG-4  (Oiled Oak)

Academy  (Oiled Oak)

Quartet  (Oiled Oak)

H1  (Birch Raw 1978)

H3 (Chipotle model unfinished walnut w/o base or grill, )

Cornwall (1974 Decorator Vert.II's w/o base or grill)

La Scala (Birch Raw 1980)

And.......Still looking for more

Don't even get me started on my other Polk Speaker obsession.