Klipsch Speakers You Currently Own or Owned and Usage

neo33

I've only owned Heritage..had two pairs Heresys in the late 70s/early 80s..replaced them with brand new 1983 Klipschorns, which are still my main speakers..since then have bought and sold a used pair of Heresys and Cornwalls..sold both of those also, nothing can compare to KHorns IMHO. I have inherited a mint pair of 1984 Heresys from my parents, and due to their condition, cannot part with them.

Can't compare to others here, but know what turns my crank.

Regards,

Steve

----------------

On 8/16/2004 12:02:45 PM neo33 wrote:

What would an all Heresy HT system sound like? What subwoofer is best matched for this heritage setup?

----------------

All Heresy would have to sound really good Neo but I haven't heard such a setup. Subwoofers - I like the RSW-12 at the moment, but the KSW-12 isn't far behind.

1954 Factory Custom Khorns Type A - front mains

1953 Khorns Type B - Rear Surrounds - rear surrounds

1974 Belle - front center

Matching Belle Clone - rear center

1990 Forte II's - front mains

1979 Heresys - rear surrounds

1986 Heresy II - front center

Klipsch KSW200 Sub

1983 Cornwalls - 2-channel tube

1982 Heresy's - garage

It all started with a Klipsch tent sale... I was 14-15 years old and I peddled many miles on my bike up and down hills to meet this old man rumored to be like 90-100 yrs old, Paul Klipsch. I worked odd jobs back when you got 2-3 dollars an hour... till I saved up enough for a pair of Heresy speakers. (640 dollars in birch raw and I still have them hardly any scratches at all, still unfinished, and are prized possessions too).

My dream of k horns and a signed 8 1/2 x 11 inch PIC of Paul Klipsch sitting on a k horn who told me to work hard and someday I could afford K horns too... to remind me in college to work hard so I could learn something with my education enough to be valuable to someone willing to take on a college grad and make some money someday to afford K horns before eBay..LOL.. Yes, I paid list!

As far as how many today? I am almost too embarrassed to say on here. I have multiple systems, in multiple rooms, and I (we) enjoy them all. The only speaker Heritage wise I do not have, or not owned, is the Belle.

Not unlike most of you, I have a sincere passion for music of different types, and movies too. I also love to sing and enjoy a killer Karaoke system you have to experience, trust me, to appreciate with La Scalas in the basement. I hope, with some planning and luck, to create an incredible room for Karaoke and HT for people to enjoy!

• Like 2

Hi, I'm a newbie to Heresy. Just bought a pair of Heresy I from eBay last month. Did the mod suggested by Klipschguy here, attenuated the tweeter by 3 db.

My Chinese made KT88 (triode connected) push pull, modded with all RMG resistors and Jensen coupling capacitors:

0704_001.jpg

My living area in Hong Kong is really really small:

0728_002.jpg

Internal

heresy01.jpg

heresy02.jpg

heresy03.jpg

I live this pair of speakers very much. Will get a pair of metal stands for them later.

3.gif

In the living room I currently have a pair of KG5.5 and a KV-3, all medium oak that I bought new in '95, along with a pair of KG5.2 in oak that I bought on eBay. There is also a KSW-12.

In my bedroom I have four KG2.5's and a KG2.2V, all in oak and bought on eBay.

I also have another pair of KG5.5 in the closet that I plan to use to convert the living room to 6.1 someday (one will be hacked to make a center, the other the rear).

• 4 weeks later...

I have a lovely 18-year old pair of Kg4s I purchased while stationed in Germany. I was drooling over the Belle Klipschs, but they were way too big for my tiny apartment, plus they blew my very modest weight allowance.

Those KG4s still have great thump- without the need of a sub. I plan to get a ProMedia system for my computer, and outfit my 'one of these days' home theater with the latest HT set.

But it's amazing how a pair of well-traveled old speakers like mine can still crank with the best of them. I have them connected to an 18-year old Sansui X-1130 receiver.

Besides the speakers, my prize possession is a coffee cup that says, "Stolen from Paul W. Klipsch" that I got from their "Cars And Concert" booth in Germany back in '86.

Sunfell

Klipsch Khorns 1993(original owner)

La Scala's 2000(boxed, original owner)

Hersey II's(original owner), 1993, givin to ex-wife in divorce procedures, didn't take my Khorns..wahoo..10.gif

Klipsch KG1 Satelitte speaker system with passive 12" subwoofer..sold awesome sound 9.gif

Second set of Klipsch Hersey II's 2001(original owner), still own at present, oh yeah 10.gif

Klipsch KLFC7 as my centre, no regrets...9.gif

Klipsch Pro Media 2.1....beat it 9.gif

• 16 years later...

Used every day for music, and ~~ 2x per week for movies:

2 Klipschorns (AK4) (set at SMALL, as weird as that may seem, see 

"Audyssey FAQ Linked Here"and bass management X-over to subwoofer set at 60Hz)

1 Modified Belle Klipsch also set on SMALL, 60Hz crossover to sub

2 Heresy IIs Small, X-over to sub at 80 Hz

1 RSW 15 subwoofer used 2 ways simultaneously 1)crossed over at 60 Hz or 80 Hz, depending on the speaker, for bass management (soundtrack music, dialogue, see above, and music-only listening. 2) for Low Frequency Effects, the LPF for LFE is set at 80Hz, because the usual 120 Hz for effects is often pushed too hard and can be bloated (see  "Audyssey FAQ Linked Here").I have tried many configurations

I have tried many configurations over the last 16 years.  The above is what is widely recommended, and it sounds great with all Blu-rays, SACDs and the majority of DVDs and CDs.  The Khorns and modified Bell have tight, clean bass down to 60 Hz, and the whole system +/- 1.5 dB above 700 Hz to 16K Hz.  Below that, the bass is gradually turned up, for a Harman-like room curve, but with flat treble and midrange, but the bass crawling up to + 9 dB at the bass end.

Used most days for TV:

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 with somewhat attenuated (by ear) EV T35 tweeters on top, fed by EV X 36 crossover, with L pads.

In storage:

KG SW subwoofer for old TV set- up

• What happened to the signature area equipment lists?

This thread is old enough to legally marry in many states.
I find it interesting how new forum members seem to always find all these old threads to reply to. 

I find it interesting how all these old forum members reply to the new posts [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1