Sub is Weak :*(

Xuon

Hi all.

I just bought today a new set of 4.1s and i was dissapointed with the sub, i mean my old set of speakers (Microsoft Digital Sound System 80) sounded better.

Im using a Sound Blaster Live Value, anyone tell me whats wrong or if the sub can pump more power.

Cuz if not, im returning these, cuz its a lot of money for a weak sub. cwm8.gif

------------------

Who needs one??

Um, I think you need to play some bass heavy music. I don't think anyone would consider the sub weak, unless you got a broken one. the ultimate bass test, country grammer, and #1 stunner are songs I have found to push the promedia's sub. Make sure it is at most 18 inches away from a wall, you'll get more power the closer it is to a wall.

What kind of sound card? (Some sound cards and notebooks/laptops have weak bass).

Are the woofers in the sub moving at all? Air coming from the port?

Is the connector fully plugged in?

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

Yo thx for the advises but everything is ok here, is just that is not what i expected from Klipsch, i mean my old sound was 80 watts this is 400 watts, and they have almost the same bass.

Im using a Sound Blaster Live Value

------------------

Who needs one??

Another thing to check. Make sure the main volume in your creative surround mixer isn't turned up to high. About 65 to 70% should be good. The same goes for your bass setting. If you turn them up to high it just sounds distorted, plus the restrictor will kick in. Let the speakers do the work, they don't need that much of a signal.

------------------

PROMEDIAS anything less would be uncivilized

yo dudes thx for the help, its not that the sub is defective is that is not what i expected, but its still good, but i think it could be better, and yes everything is connected right.

I attached a pic of my old sound system.

if you get the chance to test them, try them, theyre very good.

thx for the help.

btw

im talking about the sub, not about the satellites

------------------

Who needs one??