Wish me luck..RC7 on the way

v3spitfire

Well, against my own advice, I've ordered the RC7 from BrandNames.com. I know I'll get no warranty or service. I tried to buy from a local dealer (according to the Dealer Locator), but it was clear they were not interested in selling just a center (I already have the RF7s). They don't stock any klipsch, but they said they could order it from another dealer (that would be nice, 2 mark ups...) They were too high end (JMLabs, etc) for klipsh. I considered waiting until I was in FW Indiana, and buying from Classic, but that wouldn't be until November, and I just didn't want to wait, or drive all over New England trying to find a "real klipsch" dealer. I've bought my other klipsh speakers (RF7, Heresy2's) form authorized dealers, so I'm a little nervous...May be a lessen learned. I'll let you know.

"I tried to buy from a local dealer (according to the Dealer Locator), but it was clear they were not interested in selling just a center (I already have the RF7s). They don't stock any klipsch, but they said they could order it from another dealer (that would be nice, 2 mark ups...) They were too high end (JMLabs, etc) for klipsh."

WTH? they where going to charge you more $$!!? thats ridiculus. Btw, I got my center and surrounds from Tweeter, and my mains from the web. I can't tell the difference, and they seem fine to me, and sound great! hmm.. I dont think they are fakes or B-stock..

The feedback I've heard on BrandNamez has been just a little better than 50/50, but hopefully you'll be on the right side of that ratio. I got mine from acousticsounddesign and it arrived perfectly. The only difference was that they removed the serial tag on the back and from the box. To be honest, I worry about UPS more than I do the dealers. 1.gif

----------------

On 8/22/2004 12:15:55 PM jephdood wrote:

To be honest, I worry about UPS more than I do the dealers.
1.gif

----------------

With good reason. A few years back when I bought my 3 series from a local authorized dealer (Sound Advice) they did not have the RC3 in stock so they shipped it out of their Orlando warehouse directly to me via UPS. And, you guessed it, it arrived with shipping damage and needed to be replaced....what a hassel. Then I purchased my 7 series from the same dealer and they did not have the RF7s in stock in cherry so they had to order them in from the warehouse. Again, you guessed it, one of them arrived damaged. While I eventually did get a good replacement, I wound up with two towers that were not consecutive serial numbers (which I would have preferred).

I recently purchased some other klipsch speakers from an online source that is not an authorized dealer. They were carefully packaged and shipped via Fedex graound and arrived without incident.

<[/blockquote>

With good reason. A few years back when I bought my 3 series from a local authorized dealer (Sound Advice) they did not have the RC3 in stock so they shipped it out of their Orlando warehouse directly to me via UPS. And, you guessed it, it arrived with shipping damage and needed to be replaced....what a hassel. Then I purchased my 7 series from the same dealer and they did not have the RF7s in stock in cherry so they had to order them in from the warehouse. Again, you guessed it, one of them arrived damaged. While I eventually did get a good replacement, I wound up with two towers that were not consecutive serial numbers (which I would have preferred).

I recently purchased some other klipsch speakers from an online source that is not an authorized dealer. They were carefully packaged and shipped via Fedex graound and arrived without incident.

----------------

I had the same problem with shipping out of the Sound Advice warehouse. The 3rd pair of RF-7's were finally ok but not consecutive serial #'s. Oh well, they sound great.

Since my only local Klipsch dealer now is a contracter I'm toying wtih the idea of picking up the RSW-15 online. At $1800 it's more than I want to spend. My other choice would be the SVS PC-Ultra at $1150. The problem is the Klipsch is the one I really want and it can be had online for close to the SVS price. I'm not as worried about the serial # as I am the shipping.

Beware of your speakers shipping via Fedex. I recently purchased 2 RF 7's and a RC 7 center--the RF 7's arrived no problem and without a scratch. Apparently, the RC 7 left Hope, but never made it past Texarkana's Fedex branch. From all accounts, it seems one of their employees felt he needed it moreso than it's rightful owner to-be. Amazing!