RF5

big c

Hey Guys....

Just went to the Good Guys in Northridge, CA and picked up the pair for $379 ($405 with tax). They didnt give me any kind of problems. The manager even looked at the price twice and said "Is this right?" and the salesmen helping me said "Yeah Boss, its a special price." If you guys try and complain, saying hey it printed as $379, you can probably get them.

I dont know, give it a try. It worked for me and I am happy as he*l. Just upgraded from a RF-25 to the 5's, but the thing that sucks is that I remember paying over $500 for the 25's....

When I was in Toronto, Ontario for trade school, I went to Kromer radio on bathurst st, where they were blowing out the Klipsch line. I could have purchased a set of cherry Rf5's for less than what I paid for my rf3II's. They also had a wicked deal on a RSW-12 - $ 1380 with taxes in. Too bad I was so broke from the out of town living expenses, or I may have splurged.

----------------

On 8/29/2004 7:56:40 PM doshi99 wrote:

Hey Guys....

Just went to the Good Guys in Northridge, CA and picked up the pair for $379 ($405 with tax). They didnt give me any kind of problems. The manager even looked at the price twice and said "Is this right?" and the salesmen helping me said "Yeah Boss, its a special price." If you guys try and complain, saying hey it printed as $379, you can probably get them.

I dont know, give it a try. It worked for me and I am happy as he*l. Just upgraded from a RF-25 to the 5's, but the thing that sucks is that I remember paying over $500 for the 25's....
----------------

Congrats, you got lucky...only thing is you should have purchased their entire inventory because you would have at least doubled your money! My store new about the error before they opened..the Mgr is anal.

----------------

On 8/29/2004 7:56:40 PM doshi99 wrote:

Hey Guys....

----------------

Congrats, you got lucky...only thing is you should have purchased their entire inventory because you would have at least doubled your money! My store new about the error before they opened..the Mgr is anal.

Even at $375 each that is an unbelievable deal. Wish they had GoodGuys around here. That deal, added to the fact that Ultimate Electronics has decided to "no longer carry" the RF-5's anymore (but they said they're still being made), makes me wonder if they really are going to be discontinued.

I went to GoodGuys on the day I saw the ad. They said only 12 RF5's were coming in from their warehouse and there were 34 orders placed already, which means some folks ordered more than one and also means it's already sold out. Anyhow, only RF5's in maple were on sale, for about $750/pr. I wouldn't like to have so bright-colored speakers sitting in my house, when my cherry RF-35's are doing a good job for me. 4.gif