AES Paper Re Jubilee

WMcD

Gil, Thanks for posting. Also, Olorin, thanks for getting into pdf.

This is quite an interesting read offering more insight into what Mr. Paul wanted to see in the Jubilee.

One thing that is actually surprising, that is the folded horn on one plane is significantly simpler than the Khorn. In the Jubilee, if I'm understanding this correctly, it is one bass horn stacked upon another to make the bass bin.

One thing about the result.... is actually a compliment to the genius of PWK. To produce anything that even could be described as improved or enhanced in relation to the Khorn, is impressive indeed.

In the metro Indy community magazine which recently had an article on Klipsch, it was mentioned the Klipsch sells only ONE HUNDRED new pairs of Khorns a year out of the factory in Hope. That is not alot of units. I wonder how many Jubilees would have to be manufactured per year in order to break even. If I was a Klipsch suit, I'd be seriously trying to talk the HDBRBuilder into getting back to Hope and building the rascals. Since I've had the chance to get to know the guy a little, I've gotten to know a guy who is a genuine craftsman. And before I met Andy, I don't think I really understood what a craftsman is in the best sense of the word.

Mr. Paul... what a man.

I knew a guy back in the 70's who was making things that were basically 2 stacked single 15" woofer horns extremely close to the first prototype in the paper... He called them "Elephant Horns". Each cab was 24" tall (or there abouts). I actually had a pair back then with EVM15B's in them. I still have the plans!

This is a very interesting paper; but I wonder about whether the Jubilee is actually any easier to manufacture than the Khorn...looks like a wash to me! It doesn't appear to have anything to add to the Khorn's low frequency response, judging from the graphs. But if PWK says its an improvement, then...

DM2.gif