5.1 sound from GTXP

Wetard

i haven't been here in a while and was a little angry no one answered my question in "Dolby Digital From ProMedia 5.1" so i'll ask again... someone said you could get 5.1 sound from DVD's using an upgraded version of PowerDVD and the GTXP's headphone jack for the subwoofer/center channel, now, my question is how would you get sound in games or anything else that uses 4.1? wouldn't you be left with only the front and rear sats and no sub?? if that's the case tell me which soundcard to get with the 5.1's or i'll just get 4.1's with a GTXP...

I don't think that'll be a problem, cause the 5.1 promedias still do active bass managment, meaning, even though it has a discrete subwoofer input, it still seperates the low frequencies from the other front/rear/center channels and sends em to the sub.

So the 5.1s will work just like the 4.1s for games, the only thing is that your center channel will be idle, but that's to be expected.

I've never used a GTXP, so I can't help you with the powere dvd question, but 4-channel gaming shouldn't be a problem

The headphone jack on the GTXP will not be used for center/sub, there are already outputs on the back of the breakout box for that. The headphone jack (I imagine) will be used to output a rear center channel (or two), which are a part of DTS-EX, 6.1 (o 7.1) surround.

------------------

Caring is the first step toward disappointment.