Premiere Speakers

luchenbach

Damon.. they were not hooked up???? March 05 and around $ 5,500 I think was said a few times. With men in bowling shirts... as the MSRP.

I think you would be happier with the new THX subs and amp IMO.

I did not hear ANY news the Heritage line is being phased out at all. Do not start rumors you can not back up! (Dan Rather reporting here!!)

The demo room was soo powerful the screen even vibrated some..LOL.

Great job Klipsch!!

You know at that price point they had better sound as good, or at least close, as the B & W 802's.

Those 802's are sweet indeed. I could get a new set for $6,000 a few weeks ago but I passed as ultimatly it would cast me way more to match all speakers to these.

I'll have to hear for myself as more than doubling the price of RF-7's better have a corrisponding sweet sounding upward curve. I wonder how much of that increase is due to cabinet design and how much is going into speaker components?

I kinda like the looks though. I was just looking at my RF-7's the other day thinking how ugly they look compaired to other speakers designs. Kinda bare bones basic.

----------------

On 9/14/2004 1:27:51 AM dantfmly wrote:

I think they are ugly.

----------------

yea, I agree.. they are ugly as heck. Whats up with the greenish wood and all that plastic surrounding the woofers and horn? perhaps its just the pic. O well, time will tell. At that price point, they have to exude quality and have to sound incredible.

btw, I love the looks of the B&W Nautilus line

----------------

On 9/10/2004 5:27:24 PM Sanman023 wrote:

like the new look of the horns...yeah..like the thx ultra....too expensive....i cant believe the reference 7s are not going to be the flagship anymore...

----------------

Actually the K-Horns have always been and IMO always will be the flagship.

i was told that the rf7 and rf5 will be going by the way side. the new premier will be "positioned" between the latest rf series and heritage.

yes they are bigger than the rf7 at least in width and depth.

the new sub will also have dsp like the velodyne to help tune the room and sweet spot.

someone mentioned b&w. a kilpsch marketing and design guy told me the klipsch considers b&w a key player in there market segment. the b&w does sound sweet but you better bring some power to the show.

i was also told the new paradigm signature product is sweet as well.

other great cedia demos where: (sorry about the spelling here folks)

martin logan in the mcintosh booth.

mourdant short in the marantz booth.

jbl synthesis heritage

polk "ip" inwalls with netstream distributed audio

genelac... oh baby genelac. the sub shook my pants 14' away!

later,

mm