Speaker/Mouse Problems

Sam_D

I've had this problem for a while, and have just ignored it, but it's just getting annoying.

When I move the mouse at all, with each pixel the rear right speaker makes a small clicking noise. When I stop moving the mouse it stops. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks.

This message has been edited by Sam_D on 07-28-2001 at 01:20 PM

What soundcard, mouse do you have? I would try uninstalling the Soundcard drivers as well as the mouse drivers and reinstalling Also, what PCI slot do you have you sound card in? You may want to try a different one.

Make sure the wire connections are all tight.

////Also, try switching the outlet you are plugged into or even go to a surge strip if not already. -just a thought

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

This message has been edited by Paragon on 07-28-2001 at 03:23 PM

I have a SB Live (x-gamer 5.1) and a Compaq (Logitech) mouse. It's happened for a while and I've tried uninstalling the mouse but it doesn't help. I'll have to check as to which port the sound card is on.

Also, sometimes it switches to the rear left speaker as well (like now).

I've got it into a surge strip (the best I could find without buying a UPS system) and I've even moved the locations of the computer and speakers from one room to another, and it doesn't help. I'll still have to change the port for the sound card sometime and see if that helps, though.

The speaker wires and everything are all in tight.

Shoot the computer and start over Wink.gif

hehe... What if you unhook the mouse.. does it stop the noise then?

j/k.

I assume ya can hear it with headphones.. have you tried a different mouse? I have an Intellimouse .

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate my computer. I wish that I would have bought anything different. Stupid compaq. It doesn't even have an AGP slot. Grr. cwm23.gif

Actually, Pagagon:

I can't hear it with headphones in and the speakers muted (CP-1ish).

Unplugging and plugging in the mouse has no effect (except that when it's unplugged there's no sound - it only happens when the mouse moves).

I've got the logitech in there right now, but I'll have to try it with a different mouse (it's connected on the mouse port)

Justin, did you ever try anything that made it go away for awhile? How bad was it? Mine started out that you could only hear it if your ear pointing to it, and now it's very noticable.

Again, this has been happening on and off for a while now. I was going to send the speakers in, but then it stopped happening. Later, it came back but went away again, and now it's back (even worse then last time). Just so everyone knows.

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com

well sblive is known to have problems connected with via chipsets. you have a via chipset? it can also happen with intel chipsets but not as often. pretty sure this has no connection to the speakers at all. i also had the problem, but slightly different. it happened to me when i scrolled in web pages. its pretty well known problem and i was able to fix it with pci timeout settings in my motherboard's bios (changed pci timout to 5 instead of disabled, and i enabled master read caching) i would check your motherboard manufacturers page for bios updates, or try changing those settings in your current bios. theres a page that addresses most soundblaster problems like this. heres the link:

http://alive.singnet.com.sg

i am trying to remember what happened right before it went away. i think i got rid of norton system works. or i got it... i can not remember! sorry.

i had an onboard sound card and the sblive mp3+ 5.1 at the same time... that might have been the problem.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy.

Email Amy

IM Amy

Or pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

-------------------------

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

• 1 month later...

i had that problem at school yesterday. on some yamaha speakers with a yamaha sound card. the same sound card that messed up my computer with the mouse noise.... don't ever buy a yamaha sound card! it does it too, can not get it to stop. don't cross over... keep this board alive a little and besides i post on any of the promedia places and the computer places.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

• Moderators

If the mouse cable is close to the volume control pod, it will act as a sort of antennae and pick up a strange clicking sound. Mine does that too....move the mouse cable away from the speaker with the control pod and see if that helps.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Thank you very much! I'm amazed that that's all it took. Stupid me.cwm32.gif Paragon will appreciate this info too.

Now I'll just have to find another convienient place to put the Pro. Smile.gif

Thank you very much!!

Sam

P.s. Congrats on 1000 Amy! (I know you've posted more than that, but congrats anyway)cwm1.gif

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com