Brown Box??

DBvader

It means it's oem. Released in bulk to manufacturers. Sometimes you can get good deals by buying oem products, sometimes you get headaches. The product can have differences from the retail version. Features missing, different drivers than the retail version. If you buy it just be aware that it may not have all of the features of the retail version.

------------------

PROMEDIAS anything less would be uncivilized

Usually OEM means it only comes with the Hardware and Drivers. Retail will often come with extra software like little helper applications, DVD software, or games. I would check the list of features though to make sure that it isn't mising any hardware features though. Some versions of products are only available OEM and they may be a "downgraded" version of the product. One example of this is the ATI Radeon LE graphics card which has some of the better features of the card disabled and is only available OEM.

• 2 weeks later...

Check to see if the card comes with a manufacturer's warranty! My first GTXP (retail) was bad, and I easily replaced it through Guillimot. There's enough horror stories on Hercules's support forum to make anyone demand a warranty for a GTXP

http://forum.hercules.com/index.php3?pg=forumpg&forumname=Hercules+Audio&offset=0

GTXP + PM 4.1's is a sweet combo, though... cwm35.gif

------------------

I hate you, Milkman Dan.