Bad K33E, Lets Fix It

BEC

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I know there should be some other pictures between the last one and this one. Let me tell you though, when doing this part alone, one does not have time to take pictures. You have to put glue under the center of the cone, glue around the circumference of the cone and glue on the thick gaskets and get them all in place and firmly held with the clamps before the glue can set up. Busy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Bob Crites

post-9312-1381925798841_thumb.jpg

I am also having a cabinet shop build a woofer test box for easy testing and matching of K-33E woofers. It will be a box of approximately the volume of a Cornwall with the provision to quickly install a K-33E from the front using clamps to hold it in place. Should be able with that box to easily compare any two K-33Es.

Bob

Q-Man,

Thanks, but the hard part for the cabinet shop is already done. They have it in CAD now and I have looked at it. Really all that is left to do is transmit the data to their big CNC router, put a sheet of MDF in the router and the parts should come out the other end ready to put together. This thing will be a bit more elaborate than just a woofer test box. The bass part will be around a 2 ft. cube ported like a cornwall. The motor board will extend another foot above the bass box to allow installation of a K-401 horn and K-55V driver and also a K-77 tweeter. I will then gin up a crossover for that combination and have a multiple driver tester and I expect it to even sound pretty good. Might call it a Cornscala.

Bob Crites