• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great read Bob.

Could this of been the actual beginning of the Cornscala...Your " Test Box"

Yes, and I think on page 2 of this thread, 5th post down may be where the name "Cornscala" was first used.

Bob Crites

I called Klipsch, and Steve said they no longer sell recone kits for the K-33's. Looks like I will be sending my K-33's off to parts-express.

I did a count. I actually have 18 genuine Klipsch K-33E recone kits.

Bob Crites

I called Klipsch, and Steve said they no longer sell recone kits for the K-33's. Looks like I will be sending my K-33's off to parts-express.

I did a count. I actually have 18 genuine Klipsch K-33E recone kits.

Bob Crites

Bob: could I talk you out of 4 of them? Feel free to PM me.

Fritz: Right you are on the cost vs new, but I hate throwing stuff away and I like learning new things.

Ok I'm a novice. How do you know you need to re cone your K33s? Did you obviously blow them out? Or is it much more subtle?

BTW, I have a pair of Khorns(circa 1980) and a pair of Lascalas(circa 1977), both still sound good to me. But hey I'm old.

babadono

Ok I'm a novice. How do you know you need to re cone your K33s? Did you obviously blow them out? Or is it much more subtle?

BTW, I have a pair of Khorns(circa 1980) and a pair of Lascalas(circa 1977), both still sound good to me. But hey I'm old.

babadono

On one pair of mine, the cones were dry rotted so badly, you could read a newspaper through them. On the other pair, one of the voice coils was rubbing due to a poor glue joint from the spider to the frame, and both looked like they were in early stages of dry rot.

Most of my Lascalas' woofers are in great shape, and mine are mid 70's to early 80's.